By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware won't leave gay characters out of their RPGs

Yay?......

Around the Network

If you can have a romance with a hooker in GTA, then I see no problem in same sex romance lameness in MMOs.

They both are tasteless and useless plots of gaming.

I don't see any problem here, gay marriage is accepted in my country, and i like freedom so i aplaud bioware on this.

That's pretty cool of Bioware, the option should always be there in games like this.

Don't get me wrong, I have my beliefs based on my morals when it comes to this stuff but I honestly just wish romances in games didn't exist in general. Look at guildwars 2. The game is fantastic in terms of gameplay, graphics, art style, the story is good, but the sub plot romances that plague it are horribly done. I'd rather have no romances than poorly done ones.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Don't get me wrong, I have my beliefs based on my morals when it comes to this stuff but I honestly just wish romances in games didn't exist in general. Look at guildwars 2. The game is fantastic in terms of gameplay, graphics, art style, the story is good, but the sub plot romances that plague it are horribly done. I'd rather have no romances than poorly done ones.

Then don't romance any of the characters. It's optional.

I honestly don't care what game developers do. A game is their vision and unless it fucks up the game, it doesn't really matter to me.

Thank God for the likes of Bioware and Naughty Dog where gay characters actually exist in a game and not as the typical sadistic/psycho villain crap.

MoHasanie said:
Um, I guess that's good. Not sure why its always a big deal when games have gay characters...

I don't understand that either. On the other hand, I also do not understand the big deal when games get criticized for not having gay characters,

1doesnotsimply

And this is why BioWare are my second favourite dev (behind Naughty Dog of course )