By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware won't leave gay characters out of their RPGs

jigokutamago said:

Why not have an option to hit on whatever you like.

Options -> Hit on -> Tree -> Hit on Tree? -> Yes.

It'd be pretty funny.

On Fallout: New Vegas, you could flirt with a brain, though no option to hit on it

Around the Network
Wright said:
jigokutamago said:

Why not have an option to hit on whatever you like.

Options -> Hit on -> Tree -> Hit on Tree? -> Yes.

It'd be pretty funny.

On Fallout: New Vegas, you could flirt with a brain, though no option to hit on it

Utopia (series 2, episode 1, at least) goes partway into what happens when you hit on a brain. The supporting meat goes a bit crazy and does expectedly crazy things.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

binary solo said:
KylieDog said:
If they really believe in themselves like this they should add another 'Dark Ritual' type thing like Origins had, only this time make it gay sex or your character dies.

What was the sex or die thing on Origins? All I remember is sex or Morrigan runs away. Sex or die is rape, plain and simple I would not want that in a game unless it was the main villan making the demand, which again is not the context in Origins.

In any case what's so enlightened about forcing a sexual act home or hetero? The whole point of the dark ritual wasn't about sex, it was about Morrigan wanting an arch demon baby of her own to control. Sex just happens to be the mechanism by which babies get made...in case you hadn't heard.

The whole point of their views is freedom to chose your fantasy fulfilment. And a gay sex or die "choice" is not freedom to choose as there is such a huge difference in consequences. Sex or I leave is a more balanced choice.

Only a Grey Warden can slay the Arch Demon. If a non-warden strikes the final blow, the soul of the Arch Demon will jump to the nearest Darkspawn, reconstituting itself. Since Grey Wardens also carry the Darkspawn taint, when a warden slays the Arch Demon jumps into the body of the Warden which destroys the souls of both the Warden and the Arch Demon.

Morrigan's Dark Ritual was way to slay the Arch Demon with the Warden dying.  A Warden sleeps with Morrigan and the Arch Demon's soul jumps into her unborn child. Kylie Dog is twisting things. You dont have to sleep with Morrigan. Heck you don't even have to strike the final blow. Alistair, your Warden, or Loghain if you chose the spare the bastard can strike the final blow. I know some players that spare Loghain for the sole purpose of having him strike the final blow and dying.

VanceIX said:
Darc Requiem said:
VanceIX said:

Ninsect said:

Well can't basically everyone be homosexual in mass effect?

I don't think so, I know a couple can be both, I don't think all of them can. I just hate when characters are blatantly stereotyped like they are in Inquisition :/

How do you know they are stereotyped? The game isn't even out yet. 

Have you seen the mustached dude? Textbook gay man.

Darc Requiem said:
VanceIX said:
Darc Requiem said:

If that's not sterotypical I don't know what is.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
Darc Requiem said:
VanceIX said:
Darc Requiem said:

If you don't see the problem with looking a photo a character and assuming that he is the personification of a stereotype, there is nothing else for me to say. 

Darc Requiem said:
VanceIX said:

If you don't see the problem with looking a photo a character and assuming that he is the personification of a stereotype, there is nothing else for me to say. 

I assume he is the personifaction of a stereotype based on the pictures, trailers, and background information given by Bioware.

This isn't real life where you have to truly get to know someone to personify them. In this case, it's pretty blatantly a stereotype. If you can't see that, we have nothing more to talk about.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Don't care if there's gay romance in games but please for the love of god please don't make achievements or trophies gay related and stuff, it was pretty creepy having to do it just for the achievements in dragon age o_O

The article is not very fair. Bioware develops RPGs, where it's normal for you to be able to play who and how you want. The two examples given of people complaining over the lack of playable female characters are not RPGS. Assassin's Creed Unity let's you play a defined character, not "your" character, not "you", but the character that Ubisoft decided to create. I didn't see any men crying that they had to play a female if they wanted to play Assassin's Creed Liberation.

And Deep Down also is not an RPG. Since the game isn't out, I can't say how much personalization is going to be available, but even if only playing a male is a result of them not wanting to spend extra resources making female graphics, that is their choice. Your are not going to be role-playing, you are gong to be playing a game in a world that they've created.

Nobody is complaining that games like Hell Blade, Life Is Strange, or other recently announced games will only let you play as female protagonists. But god forbid a game only have a playable male character, even when they are not RPGs and are not meant to be played as "your" character.

bubblegamer said:
Dulfite said:
Darc Requiem said:
Dulfite said:
Don't get me wrong, I have my beliefs based on my morals when it comes to this stuff but I honestly just wish romances in games didn't exist in general. Look at guildwars 2. The game is fantastic in terms of gameplay, graphics, art style, the story is good, but the sub plot romances that plague it are horribly done. I'd rather have no romances than poorly done ones.

Then don't romance any of the characters. It's optional.

In many games it is not optional. The NPC's get into romances that your forced to watch unfold.

Example?

I already posted about guildwars 2 earlier.