By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware won't leave gay characters out of their RPGs

KylieDog said:
If they really believe in themselves like this they should add another 'Dark Ritual' type thing like Origins had, only this time make it gay sex or your character dies.

That would be interesting xD

Around the Network

Role playing doesn't mean that you self insert in the game with a character identical to you, that is the opposite of roleplaying actually.

sidmeiernintifan said:
Role playing doesn't mean that you self insert in the game with a character identical to you, that is the opposite of roleplaying actually.

Not true, you can roleplay as yourself. There are some roleplaying books that encourage inserting as yourself into an unexpected and dangerous situation.

That's cool and all, but I'd still like to know when I'll have the chance to romance Captain Falcon.

jigokutamago said:
Any option to include no romance?

Yes every one of Bioware's games that I've played easily allows you a celebate play through. I did one DA:O playthrough with no romance, human dude I was. I wanted to bone queen Annora on our wedding night at the end without picking up any STDs along the way. Turns out she's an icequeen in and out of the sack. Shoulda had me a slice of Morrigan when I had the chance.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I would actually pay a little extra for a version with no sexual intercourse whatsoever, I like my gaming to be as sex free as possible.

It is anoying that I cannot get all the trophies cause I had no sex with a goat or something...

Don´t get me wrong, I enjoy sex as much as anyone, but I do believe that there is a place for everything and everything for it´s place...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

KylieDog said:
If they really believe in themselves like this they should add another 'Dark Ritual' type thing like Origins had, only this time make it gay sex or your character dies.

What was the sex or die thing on Origins? All I remember is sex or Morrigan runs away. Sex or die is rape, plain and simple I would not want that in a game unless it was the main villan making the demand, which again is not the context in Origins.

In any case what's so enlightened about forcing a sexual act home or hetero? The whole point of the dark ritual wasn't about sex, it was about Morrigan wanting an arch demon baby of her own to control. Sex just happens to be the mechanism by which babies get made...in case you hadn't heard.

The whole point of their views is freedom to chose your fantasy fulfilment. And a gay sex or die "choice" is not freedom to choose as there is such a huge difference in consequences. Sex or I leave is a more balanced choice.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

If they're going to allow same sex couples what is next in video games? Bestiality?

LOL I'm joking :P

Although I don't like bioware games they're pretty awesome in my book. :)

iceland said:
If they're going to allow same sex couples what is next in video games? Bestiality?

Eh, I would enjoy that.

Wright said:
iceland said:

Eh, I would enjoy that.

Why not have an option to hit on whatever you like.

Options -> Hit on -> Tree -> Hit on Tree? -> Yes.

It'd be pretty funny.