By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This Generation Has Been Crazy Successful

Leaving-out-wii-u-for-no-reason memes

Around the Network

I think it's only been moderately successful, overall.

Once again a thread that doesn't serve any purpose, at least not as far as I can see. Why do you make so many threads that just point out things and don't actually seem to bring something new to the table? I know you can do better! :(

PullusPardus said:
What about Wii U?

Dont' forget Vita. 

kupomogli said:
PullusPardus said:
What about Wii U?

Dont' forget Vita. 

Why not, Sony did.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
kupomogli said:
PullusPardus said:
What about Wii U?

Dont' forget Vita. 

Why not, Sony did.

It was more of a sarcastic comment.  Everytime I look at my Vita I cry a little on the inside. That's because I wasted so much money buying it day one, and then I bought another Vita for cheap on Craigslist while it still was being somewhat supported by Sony. 

Actually, this generation has not been very successful. Sales have slowed down significantly. Weekly sales of hardware is down to about 1/3rd what it was in August 2007.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

In terms of sales? Not really.

PS2 and Wii destroy the PS4 and X1.

Handheld market has pretty much been destroyed.

This is almost assuredly going to be the lowest selling hardware gen since the PS1/N64 days. 

toastboy44562 said:

PS4 is a monster with 10 million Sold - yes, it's doing very well

Xbox One is past 5 million and is ready to release to the rest of the world - yes, Xbone is doing quite well

Wii U on the other hand, ISN'T doing all that great...

Multiplatform games enjoy great sales on both the PS4 and Xbox One - as they did last gen, sp no real change there

New IPs like Watchdogs,Titanfall, and Destiny are going to be killer franchises - well, this isn't much of a change either since every new gen brings along with it new IP's, but yeah, several of the new IP's are looking great! On the other hand, they're all AAA games, which says quite a lot of this up coming gen; no mid tier games

Devs are not going out of business like they were last gen - I'm sure they will in a few years - see point above

Indies are booming and giving us variety - indeed they are! But most of them actually sucks.

PS4 has:

White Destiny Bundle - so?

Attractive Hardware - subjective

Little Big Planet - so?

Drive Club - So?

Japan/brand name in Euro countries - PS4 is not doing well in Japan, and Vita isn't doing well anywhere else.

Xbox One has:

Launching in 35 more countries - yeah, that's actually a pretty BAD start

Recent price cut - again, bad start

Sunset Overdrive - so?

White Sunset Overdrive Bundle - so?

Halo 1-4 in updated graphics+Halo 5 beta - so? if this will be the trend this gen, it's gonna be a bad one (just look at TLOUR)

Forza Horizons - so?

Madden 2015 Bundle - boring

Call of Duty Bundle - boring

Halo Bundle (edit I thought it was announced guess not. We all know its coming anyway) - as expected

Kinect/dance evolution (we will see if they try promoting it,  I hope they do because Kinect is awesome!) - no, it isn't, that's why they were forced to sell the XBone WITHOUT the Kinect. Bad start.

Should be interesting this holiday!  Indeed it will be!

These current sales are with high priced skus and not that many games available. With bundles and more games this Christmas I fully expect the PS4 to hit 18 million and the Xbox One to reach 12 million by the end of 2014. Did I forget and exclusive bundles or anything?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Meanwhile in reality......

I LOVE ICELAND!