By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamfall Chapters no Longer Coming to Wii U or Xbox One

okr said:
Ninsect said:
okr said:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/27/kickstarter-dreamfall-chapters-coming-to-wii-u/

People, please don't continue to claim that Sony didn't pay for this (probably only timed) console exclusivity.

This has already been posted but their reasoning was that WiiU's userbase was too small. They clearly never made much effort, even implying in March this year that they hadn't really done much work on it (saying it was secondary)

The following has also been post before but it seems you ignored it:

"Dreamfall Chapters is part of the “first on PlayStation” initiative which allows many digital titles some timed exclusivity on Sony’s consoles. - http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/08/12/gamescom-2014-dreamfall-chapters-heading-to-ps4/98525

Case closed

Not saying its untrue, but that link is just the voice of one reporter who provides no links to back up his statement that this game is actually a part of the 'first on playstation' initiative, whatever that actually is (looking online I can't find any reference describing such a program). 

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Userbasehatted

you mind if i start using that?   ...cause that is great!

reggin_bolas said:
Who the hell would buy it for the Wii U? I don't get this obsession with the Wii U from indie developers. Looks like someone woke up and realized hard cold facts.

Makes no sense to release anything to a console with an abysmal attachment rate.

Why would people be obsaesses wuth releasing thier games to a console of the sales are abysmal? Clearly, they arent.

BreedinBull said:
Xevross said:
Tamron said:
dreamfall chapters kickstarter was for the PC version, they never stated a particular console release.
Sony basically paid them to port it to PS4.

Why people are drawing comparisons to the tomb raider situation I don't know.
But let's make it nice and clear shall we.

Paying for an additional version to be made.. and
Paying to delay the release of other versions being made

Are entirely different things.

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest Sony has influenced this decision at all.

Except for letting all the devs out there know they got 10M and growing potential customers :P

Man, your sig is glorious! Wonder who's idea that was?

People, realize that moneyhatting goes around everywhere in this industry, noone is better.

Around the Network
Brotherstotheend said:
but i guess it´s okay when sony moneyhatts

Why would you ever moneyhat a game like this? Seems like a waste of money IMO.

never herd of the game so no loss to me.

guessing its an indy game so wouldn't play it on any of my systems.

wait a second.

How it is "no longer coming to wiiu or xbox one" if:
* The developers never said it was definitely coming to them, or any console, in the first place.
* The developer, even after this announcement, has made it clear the possibility of releasing on other platforms in the future is still there.

Go back to n4g with those thread titles, man.

If there's one thing that unites most console gamers on VGC, it's the fact that they don't know much about PC classics. :-p

The Longest Journey is a graphic adventure classic from 1999 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Longest_Journey#Reception , the successor Dreamfall from 2006 (also released on Xbox) was okay, Dreamfall Chapters will be the third installment.

So...A developer was working on a PC game that Nintendo wanted to come to the WiiU. The developer started working on it but only as a secondary platform and only if it didn't get in the way of the other platforms. Since then, they've decided that the userbase isn't big enough to warrant making a WiiU version of the game. They then announce that the only console version they are going to make is going to be for the PS4.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.