By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamfall Chapters no Longer Coming to Wii U or Xbox One

walsufnir said:

"Dreamfall was one of the last great adventure game series’ before Telltale brought about a modern resurgence. Over the years, fans have hoped for a third game in the series. It was because of this that the Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey Kickstarter made over 1 million dollars.

During the campaign, the episodic series was only announced for PC, with consoles a possibility. Now we know that Dreamfall Chapters is also coming to consoles – PS4 leading the charge.

Dreamfall Chapters is part of the “first on PlayStation” initiative which allows many digital titles some timed exclusivity on Sony’s consoles. Although it has not been announced for Xbox or Nintendo platforms, we may see that soon."

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/08/12/gamescom-2014-dreamfall-chapters-heading-to-ps4/98525/

"First on Playstation" initiative sounds a lot like a moneyhat initiative...

It could vary but, judging from past examples, the "First on Playstation" program seems to offer small developers increased advertising exposure and premium product positioning in exchange for a limited exclusivity window.  Since many small teams only have the resources to work on one console version at a time anyway, this is seen as an excellent deal.

It's hard for me to see this as a bad thing.  The team can work on their other versions during that period and, in the meantime, they have the opportunity for greater sales on one platform.

Around the Network

Before some people get all excited and start saying that Sony are just as bad as MS because they have stopped a game coming out on the XBO... here are some tweets apparently from the guy in charge from April (from GAF)

Some Ragnar tweets from April:

I second that. MT @tha_rami: The support I’ve seen from @shahidkamal @nsuttner @adamboyes & the Sony team has been proactive & accommodating.

Unfortunately the same can’t be said for @ID_Xbox. We’ve been having a really difficult time getting any response from @Microsoft.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I'll grab the pitchforks

Well, less platforms, less money :P

jlmurph2 said:
Whoa whoa whoa! There's people who crowd funded this game expecting it to come to Wii U. Now THAT'S actually a problem people should be pissed about.

Don't know if they edited the page but right now the Kickstarter doesn't say anything about any console.

"Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey is a 3D adventure game for Mac, Linux and Windows PC that takes the player on an epic journey across the twin worlds of Stark and Arcadia; from a futuristic cyberpunk vision of our world, to a realm of powerful magic and dangerous beauty."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

well this was one of the 3rd party games i was looking to on my WiiU guess ill just get it on the ps4 then. The difference between this and Tomb Raider is Tomb Raider is a established IP this isnt, also everythign im reading now Tomb Raider is only timed Exclusive, which tells me we will eventually see it most likely on pc and maybe on ps4

Wait, hold up! Sony moneyhats too?

Who woulda thunk!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

betacon said:
Brotherstotheend said:
but i guess it´s okay when sony moneyhatts

Indie title which they never planned on brining to the xbox one

But it was planned for the Wii U, right?

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

Well, less platforms, less money :P

It's only one less platform (WiiU). It's still coming to PC and PS4 as planned. 

>_>

Well, one less platform, less money!

prinz_valium said:
boycott this game!!!

am i doing it right?

No. You need to make a thead first.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.