By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamfall Chapters no Longer Coming to Wii U or Xbox One

Wright said:
naruball said:

Not really. If that were the case every single indie game would be coming to every platform available.

Having the resources available, why wouldn't they put their games on all platforms availables?

It's business 101. Is it really worth their money and time? Why do handhelds not get ports of AAA games? Even if they sell ok and they make some money, they could be spending that time into developing another game that will bring more money in the future. Don't you think that companies know better than us and that's why they don't port every game to every platform?

Around the Network
naruball said:

It's business 101. Is it really worth their money and time? Why do handhelds not get ports of AAA games? Even if they sell ok and they make some money, they could be spending that time into developing another game that will bring more money in the future. Don't you think that companies know better than us and that's why they don't port every game to every platform?

That makes sense I guess.

CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

That makes sense I guess.

Lulz, that practically mirrors what some of us already told you. 

It does, but I was trying to follow a different path of conversation. My limited English only allows for so much before things go back to point zero, which is what you guys already told me xD

CGI-Quality said:

Wasn't aware of this. My bad.

Eh, if you ever come to Spain gimmie a call. I know good places to hang out :P

Sounds like they didn't have the funds to actually make a Wii U title. Was an Xbox One version announced?

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
Sounds like they didn't have the funds to actually make a Wii U title. Was an Xbox One version announced?

As far as i understand it, no current gen consoles were initially announced, it was for PC only.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

naruball said:
Yes, moneyhatting an indie game that I doubt most people have heard of makes total sense. And it's exactly the same as MS honeyhatting a well-known by the entire gaming community IP which found its succes on ps platforms.

Makes sense. Let's all scream double standards, shall we?

Idk or care whether Sony opened up their checkbook for this game but we all know you're referring to Tomb Raider in the second part of this post and its funny watching people go on about how the TR deal is bad because its "moneyhatting a franchise which found its success on PS platforms", yet you as well as the rest all conveniently leave out the fact that TR "found its success" on PS platforms solely as a direct result of a moneyhat deal. 

What the fuck Sony. These people need to stop making games exclusive that were already announced as multi platform titles.

CGI-Quality said:
Wagram said:
What the fuck Sony. These people need to stop making games exclusive that were already announced as multi platform titles.

Bro, this isn't Sony, read the Tweets. The team was having a tough time. That is why it is still coming to both PC and PS4. Not just the latter.

It's a shame really, but I suppose in this case it can be understandable. Still it sucks that Wii U and Xbox owners are out in the dark.

Wagram said:

Yeah at least make an effort to read some of the comments before you rage on Sony...lol :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!