By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamfall Chapters no Longer Coming to Wii U or Xbox One

Yes, moneyhatting an indie game that I doubt most people have heard of makes total sense. And it's exactly the same as MS honeyhatting a well-known by the entire gaming community IP which found its succes on ps platforms.

Makes sense. Let's all scream double standards, shall we?

Around the Network
Wright said:
CGI-Quality said:
Wright said:

Well, less platforms, less money :P

It's only one less platform (WiiU). It's still coming to PC and PS4 as planned. 

>_>

Well, one less platform, less money!

Not really. If that were the case every single indie game would be coming to every platform available.

VanceIX said:
Wait, hold up! Sony moneyhats too?

Who woulda thunk!

I guess you could be joking.... if not please see a few pages back where the developers said that they tried to contact XBO ID program and no one got back to them. They are not on XBO at the moment because MS didnt seem to care, while sony communicated with them. Seems just like me a decision taken just because of contact.. nothing to do with moneyhats.

Who woulda thunk people don't read the threads ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

naruball said:

Not really. If that were the case every single indie game would be coming to every platform available.

Having the resources available, why wouldn't they put their games on all platforms availables?

Madword said:
VanceIX said:

Who woulda thunk!

I guess you could be joking.... if not please see a few pages back where the developers said that they tried to contact XBO ID program and no one got back to them. They are not on XBO at the moment because MS didnt seem to care, while sony communicated with them. Seems just like me a decision taken just because of contact.. nothing to do with moneyhats.

Oh I read it. Devs make all kinds of excuses for why a game doean't appear on a console.

If they were serious about it, it would be on Xbox One. ID @ Xbox isn't that terrible.

It's like when Insomniac said that SO was exclusive only to the X1 for the IP retainment. That might be part of it, but you can be sure that a larger part was probably the money they recieved.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I love how there isn't even the slightest indication Sony had anything to do with this yet all I'm reading are lame Sony money hatting comments.

It's called reality people, come back to it. I realize you are grasping at straws and just repeating false information over and over again in hopes that someone, at least one person, will believe it but have some self respect and give it a rest please.

VanceIX said:
Madword said:
VanceIX said:

Who woulda thunk!

Oh I read it. Devs make all kinds of excuses for why a game doean't appear on a console.

If they were serious about it, it would be on Xbox One. ID @ Xbox isn't that terrible.

It's like when Insomniac said that SO was exclusive only to the X1 for the IP retainment. That might be part of it, but you can be sure that a larger part was probably the money they recieved.

Nothing at all to do with it being published by Microsoft Game Studios.

There is nothing bad about ID@Xbox program...its kind of great.  Free dedicated servers and dev kits. >.> 

Sharpryno said:
VanceIX said:

Nothing at all to do with it being published by Microsoft Game Studios.

There is nothing bad about ID@Xbox program...its kind of great.  Free dedicated servers and dev kits. >.> 

When a game is published by someone else, it means the dev is saving a ton of money on liscencing fees and advertising fees and such. Publishing the game is essentially akin to having a bunch of costs paid by the other company. The point stands.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

So you just automatically assume the developers are lying despite having nothing to base it on? That's pretty jaded.

VanceIX said:
Madword said:
VanceIX said:

Who woulda thunk!

Have you ever actually made a game? If you have then you'll know how difficult it can be to get a console company to even return your calls/emails etc. It's a big struggle being an indie game maker. So it doesnt surprise me in the least, especially as they are not the only ones to say this. Secondly these companies do get swamped with "Making a game" requests and so have trouble handling it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!