By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum break is looking pretty amazing!!

Did the demo footage impress you?

Yes 86 54.09%

No 73 45.91%

Total:159

Honestly the story is gonna make or break this game for me.  Alan Wake didn't have amazing gameplay, but the story got me so imvolved in the game.  I loved the mystery in it, but they better not pull the same shit with the ending again. 

Around the Network

It looks pretty damn good.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I expected a little bit more but still it didnt dissapoint..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

This is a game story based fans whom mostly play on Sony would definitely finally pick up an Xbox One for. It was smart for MS to keep the IP for this game. Looks like Max Payne, Alan Wake and InFamous had a baby.

Yeah this game is looking good! Gameplay looks cool and fun BUT the story is the key for me in this one just liketi was in Alan Wake. The story had me in Alan Wake and that is one of the main reasons I loved that game so I am looking forward to this one!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

I'll wait for reviews. Game play looks like Max Payne 3 with a ripple effect. The frozen set piece looks cool but feels a bit like walking around in photo mode. Boss fight felt a lot like Infamous SS. All decent ingredients, story is what's going to make or break this game. Kinda expected more.

Giggs_11 said:
Goatseye said:
Saeko said:
few thing looked very nice, but the TPS gameplay looked very generic to me.

Generic to what? I don't understand people throwing generic around on the internet nowadays.

Gotta agrre with you. Most times, if someone likes a game that won't be on their console of choice, they throw around "generic" this and "generic" that. Don't know if this isone of thhose cases, but 9 out of 10 "generic" arguments, it's coming from a biased gamer.

No i mean its like max pain, uncharted, gears, the order 18.. etc, nothing new, its not a bad thing, its just generic ^^

Goatseye said:
Saeko said:

Generic to what? I don't understand people throwing generic around on the internet nowadays.

Don't worry, when Uncharted 4 comes out with even better graphics but the same old cover mechanic, people will fine their love again with 3rd person shooters.

Machiavellian said:
Goatseye said:
Saeko said:

Don't worry, when Uncharted 4 comes out with even better graphics but the same old cover mechanic, people will fine their love again with 3rd person shooters.

do you even read my reply ? i said again for you, uncharted is too a generic TPS, and too... its not a bad thing, but when they tell us this will be jaw droping, its not i waited for ^^

slightly disappointed. i don't know what i expected but based on the marketing i guess i expected something much more innovative out of the "quantum break" mechanic. as is it looks like a solid third person shooter mechanic with good graphics but not something as innovative as i guess i was expecting.

the ripple effects were pure awesome though. so sexy the way time/space/whatever sort of splashed around when the time stopping effect was put to use.

so yeah,. looks great. my disappointment is only skin deep really cause i really do think it looks great. i was impressed overall.  ...just not quite what i was expecting either.