By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum break is looking pretty amazing!!

Did the demo footage impress you?

Yes 86 54.09%

No 73 45.91%

Total:159

Looks good, really good.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

My only issue with it is that the attempts to sell it as jaw-dropping or earth-shattering, or whatever they called it caused more hype than I believe it warranted. That said, still a game I look forward to and plan on picking up.

Goatseye said:
Quantum Break is generic? Generic to what though?
Can't wait to combine the gunplay with the time freeze mechanic.

Im with you on that, I dont really get some reactions here. You can say "not my thing" but "generic"? Really?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Saeko said:
Machiavellian said:
Goatseye said:
Saeko said:
few thing looked very nice, but the TPS gameplay looked very generic to me.

Generic to what? I don't understand people throwing generic around on the internet nowadays.

Don't worry, when Uncharted 4 comes out with even better graphics but the same old cover mechanic, people will fine their love again with 3rd person shooters.

do you even read my reply ? i said again for you, uncharted is too a generic TPS, and too... its not a bad thing, but when they tell us this will be jaw droping, its not i waited for ^^

Yes, I read it and sarcasm doesn't really play well over text.  It was me trying to say that People will always find another game generic unless its the game they are pinning all their hopes on.

The game looks great. The lighting and shadows definitely top notch. The game gives me that Uncharted story type of vibe which isn't a bad thing. The gun play on the other hand left me wanting. Since this is a very small slice of the game I am hoping there are plenty of scenarios where your time powers can be used creatively. So far the game is looking very high quality and if you can play other characters that have unique gifts, that should expand the gameplay beyond what we see from this demo.

Around the Network

Seems like setpieces have been taken to their natural conclusion. Now time freezes and you get to walk around the setpiece at your leisure, taking time to examine every detail of the environment. In a way, it's also bullshots programmed directly into the game itself.

Im still kind of confused about the tv show aspect of the game. Have they ever clarified that?

I saw a gameplay demo today for QB, a dev played the game.
It is really intense and the graphics look outstanding. I believe they are still doing pre-rendered scenes but they go straight away from video to gameplay which looks awesome. The physics are really very good and make the game outstanding to others in the same genre. Though the demo had some framerate problems but this applies to a lot of games I saw today.

walsufnir said:
It is really intense and the graphics look outstanding. I believe they are still doing pre-rendered scenes but they go straight away from video to gameplay which looks awesome. The physics are really very good and make the game outstanding to others in the same genre. Though the demo had some framerate problems but this applies to a lot of games I saw today.

Was it a demo of the same area that they showed off to everybody or was it a different area?

gergroy said:
walsufnir said:

Was it a demo of the same area that they showed off to everybody or was it a different area?

It was the same area but with more video before and more gameplay after, actually played.