By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quantum break is looking pretty amazing!!

Did the demo footage impress you?

Yes 86 54.09%

No 73 45.91%

Total:159
walsufnir said:
gergroy said:
walsufnir said:
I saw a gameplay demo today for QB, a dev played the game.
It is really intense and the graphics look outstanding. I believe they are still doing pre-rendered scenes but they go straight away from video to gameplay which looks awesome. The physics are really very good and make the game outstanding to others in the same genre. Though the demo had some framerate problems but this applies to a lot of games I saw today.

Was it a demo of the same earea that they showed off to everybody or was it a different area?

It was the same area but with more video before and more gameplay after, actually played.

So did it give you more of a feel for the story?  Did you see different kinds of enemies?

Around the Network

Does look very good. Excited to see more! I want more (so selfish)

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

gergroy said:
walsufnir said:
gergroy said:
walsufnir said:
I saw a gameplay demo today for QB, a dev played the game.
It is really intense and the graphics look outstanding. I believe they are still doing pre-rendered scenes but they go straight away from video to gameplay which looks awesome. The physics are really very good and make the game outstanding to others in the same genre. Though the demo had some framerate problems but this applies to a lot of games I saw today.

Was it a demo of the same earea that they showed off to everybody or was it a different area?

It was the same area but with more video before and more gameplay after, actually played.

So did it give you more of a feel for the story?  Did you see different kinds of enemies?

There were the same enemies as in the trailer from Xbox.com yesterday. After the gunplay there was more like jump, evade and so on (without any QTE, that is). Do you remember the first trailer with the ship crashing in the bridge? This was actually played on stage, very intense!

walsufnir said:
gergroy said:
walsufnir said:

There were the same enemies as in the trailer from Xbox.com yesterday. After the gunplay there was more like jump, evade and so on (without any QTE, that is). Do you remember the first trailer with the ship crashing in the bridge? This was actually played on stage, very intense!

Ah, ok, cool!  Sorry for hounding ya, just pretty excited about the game!  It really should have been released this year!  

gergroy said:
walsufnir said:
gergroy said:
walsufnir said:

Ah, ok, cool!  Sorry for hounding ya, just pretty excited about the game!  It really should have been released this year!  

To me it seems not that ready yet. Quite some framerate issues...

Perhaps we get some gameplay footage from the actual demo I got presented today. This is what they should share with people, it's awesome!

In the end they talked about the show which is tied to the game and they said it's also "on disc" which made me wonder what they are talking about but perhaps I just misheard it somehow.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
gergroy said:

Perhaps we get some gameplay footage from the actual demo I got presented today. This is what they should share with people, it's awesome!

In the end they talked about the show which is tied to the game and they said it's also "on disc" which made me wonder what they are talking about but perhaps I just misheard it somehow.

Yeah, I am still pretty confused about the show part.  They need to clarify that some more.  Supposedly the show is supposed to adapt depending on what players do in the game... But they havent really explained what the show is or anything like that.  Just that game will be tied to the show...

Ka-pi96 said:
gergroy said:
walsufnir said:

Yeah, I am still pretty confused about the show part.  They need to clarify that some more.  Supposedly the show is supposed to adapt depending on what players do in the game... But they havent really explained what the show is or anything like that.  Just that game will be tied to the show...

I think they said something about the show showing what the bad guys are doing while you play as the protagonist.

Yes, that is what they told us, too. But still this is not really a detail for me in this case ;)

Looks good but not as great as I was expecting. Still excited for it though,

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

graphically it looks a good as I:SS on PS4, which I think is nice; but it is a linear game and it is coming a year later, so not an impressive achievement, but still good; considering the XBO is weaker.