By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans, were you dissapointed with the Wii?

Nintendo Fans, was the Wii a dissapointment to you?

yes 113 34.14%

no 216 65.26%

Total:329
POE said:
Nope, it was amazing. The Nintendo console that was a let down for me was the Gamecube.

Same here.

Around the Network

Nope, love it.

yup. this was the only Ninty console i didnt truly enjoy. THe online sucked and never improved. The VC got less and less support as time went on. The biggest selling point. Motion controls felt halfassed. Even back then with nothing to compare it too. any decent good 3rd party efforts were buring under shovelware while they put there best stuff on other systems. The 1st party and i know im going to get flamed so bring it, wasnt that good. A lot of the games were just ok and IMHO some actually took a step back

No it had many must own games and was a nice change of pace from the PS3/360.

The two Super Mario Galaxy games really salvaged the system. Without those two games being of such extremely high quality, the system would've been a big let down IMO.

NOA should be forever ashamed of itself for only releasing Xenoblade after people petitioned for it for a year and then only releasing it in extremely limited quantities so that most of us couldn't find a copy for less than like $90 (thanks for that NOA).

Swimming in money yet they it takes little outfits like Xseed Games to bring The Last Story over here too ... for shame Nintendo, for shame. No translation for Fatal Frame. 

A lot of the reasons they are having so much trouble this gen is because they got very lazy and complacent on the Wii and alienated a lot of core players with half assed decision making, now that casuals have abandoned them they are finding it a very tough go trying to get anyone but the most loyal of their fanbase to buy another console from them. 

Around the Network

It had Skyward Sword, Arc Rise Fantasia, Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Metroid Prime 3. The Wii was an epic system with awesome games.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

No I really wasn't. In fact, it was the Wii that turned me on to console gaming again after almost a decade of purely PC gaming, so I was far from disappointed.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

It had many great games, but the console was saturated with garbageware which gave it a bad rep

I really liked the first years. 2009/10 were amazing, with SSBB, MP3, MKWii, MH4... Three years after release, Nintendo decided to roll on its money for little investments, so they abandonned development and games.

So in the end, I did not liked it.

However I disagree with OP since the games on it were tremendous, even in comparison of the Gamecube gems.

I didn't like the tacked on over-use of motion controls that many (especially third party) games had.

But ultimately, no, the Wii had far more games that I actually wanted to play than more or less any of the previous gen consoles' combined. It had a lot of cool 2D/side scroller type games, both retail and WiiWare, it had some great 1st party games like Mario Galaxy (1, not 2), Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime 3, and it even had a fairly good amount of good-to-great third party titles, like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the Okami port, Muramasa, MH3, Red Steel 2, etc.

The GC was a decent console, but I think some people overvalue it far too much. And personally, I think those who overvalue it probably do so because it was basically their first console. Because to me, as a long-time Nintendo fan whose first "IT" console was the NES, GC, while it had many good games on it, also had many games that I just didn't care for. Wii had for more that I actually was interested in and wanted to play.

So no. It wasn't a disappointment. Except for the silly name, lol.