By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans, were you dissapointed with the Wii?

Nintendo Fans, was the Wii a dissapointment to you?

yes 113 34.14%

no 216 65.26%

Total:329
curl-6 said:
baloofarsan said:
curl-6 said:
baloofarsan said:

Took me a while to track down Excite Truck, but it's worth it; very fun, over-the-top arcade racer.

Can't say I played the Need for Speed games for Wii, but Sonic, MK, Excite and FAST were enough to satisfy me.

Is FAST good enough to buy now that the HD sequal is coming?

Around the Network

um... no, i got to play some fun amazing games.

I got the wii just when I entered college so I had very little time to play and very little money to buy new games, so I only played the best games so for me it was very good, but for me any other console would have done the same since I could only play a few games and would have to play the best ones.

But now after college I gone back to playibg it and the ps3 so whent through the backlog of games and so far its not desapointing, but again, having them all here at once with no droughts and knowing wich are the best to pick is not the same as when they where first anounced.

I say I was happy with my Wii. But my case is probably diferent than most.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

No, I loved the Wii and still do. The only problem I had with it was when Nintendo themselves decided to stop supporting it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

baloofarsan said:

Is FAST good enough to buy now that the HD sequal is coming?

Depends; if you're into futuristic racers like F Zero and WipeOut, and don't mind a stiff challenge, then yeah, it's worth the asking price.

Around the Network

The Wii is an amazing console, it spawned some of my all-time favorites: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Mario Kart Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Punch Out!!, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and many other games that were very good too.

Signature goes here!

It's my least favourite Nintendo home console, but it still had great games like Galaxy 1&2 or Xenoblade Chronicles.
But I liked the GC entries of the main Nintendo franchises (besides 3D Mario) more (Zelda, Metroid, MK, Smash, Paper Mario).

I really liked the Wii at the beginning, but was very disappointed late in its lifecycle. Twilight Princess was great and by far, is my favorite Zelda game thus far. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 were really good. Brawl was fun (though Project M is the way to go. You guys should check it out if you haven't yet).

It gave us Just Dance.. can't hate on that.. I found that even better then Wii Sports..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I have always been a HUGE Nintendo fan. That said, yes for me the Wii was a big disappointment. That's not to say that I regret my purchase... I'm glad I had a Wii!

I loved Galaxy and other games you aren't going to get elsewhere like Zelda, Metroid Prime and the like. I did enjoy playing through some more niche titles like Muramasa, Boy and his Blob, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc.

Now to the disappointment part. I don't have a scientific reason other then that i found myself playing my XBox 360 far more whereas my Wii turned into a party machine for when people come over (Guitar Hero, Boom Blox anyone?). I'm a believer that a good game is a good game regardless of graphics, but in last gen's case the significant difference really played a role not only graphically but how a lot of games performed. For the most part if the game wasn't made by 1st/2nd party then the quality of the game suffered greatly. Nothing felt as polished as I've come to expect from Nintendo.

Now that I have a WiiU I'm finding myself letting my 360/PS4 collect dust. The games are really excellent - I'm very happy and there's more to be excited about. !

run away!