By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fans, were you dissapointed with the Wii?

Nintendo Fans, was the Wii a dissapointment to you?

yes 113 34.14%

no 216 65.26%

Total:329

I was too into multiplayer games around the Wii era, missed out on a lot of games. Spent most of my time on PC and the 360.

Around the Network

I must say the entire last gen was a disappointment. Wii is one of the worst consoles Nintendo has released IMO, but compared to PS3 and 360 I must say it held its own and, IMO, was the best console available till 2010 when it actually received software support from Nintendo and third parties. But, yes, it was quite disappointing to have one after 2010, even though it had some great games.

Bought it on launch, had 5 games for it and only liked 1 (at the same time bought dozens for the ps3 and liked most of them) . It spent most of the time in my room, waiting for me to play it which i almost never did. So yeah big disappointment, no 3rd party support, no 2nd party gems like rare games and they even screw up brawl. Worse than the n64 and gamecube, even the dreamcast was better. But of course the fanboys will blindly defend it to their deaths because that's what they do, ignore reality.

Wii is actually one of the best (and most underappreciated) Nintendo consoles ever made.

Think about the use of 4 different controls, backwards compatibility, innovative way of gaming.
Then the best games it has to offer SMG1+2, Brawl, Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, MkWii.

In my opinion Gamecube is really the most dissapointing Nintendo console yet. Not counting WiiU, yet.

It's my favourite Nintendo home console of all time. And I had NES, N64 and Gamecube.

Around the Network
Snoorlax said:

In my opinion Gamecube is really the most dissapointing Nintendo console yet. Not counting WiiU, yet.

Agreed on the Gamecube. I'd go so far as to say Wii U's already just about topped GCN.

Mario Kart was turned into Mario Bike.

The Legend of Zelda became an exercise in motion and patience.

Super Smash Bros. went from fast and skill based to slow and luck based.

F-Zero was completely absent.

Metroid Prime went from immersive and interesting to tediously immersive and uninteresting. The best way to put it is that I see Corruption as a spiritual predecessor to Project Giant Robot.

Third party support was weak, to put it mildly.

Was I disappointed with the Wii? Most certainly, yes. Only Super Mario Galaxy was able to keep my interest.

Wii was disappointing on nearly all fronts

WiiWare : Crap online store, with mostly crap games with a few exceptions like World of Goo
WiiMotion: Waggle Waggle Waggle was 98% of it. The WiiMotion+ Controller should have been there from day 1
SD: SD graphics were dated even before the Wii released. It remained a sticking point for Wii throughout its life
Virtual Console: Very slow roll out of Virtual Classics, too expensive, and tied to System
Online: Friend & System codes. Lack of useful social features like Friend invite/join, party chat, etc
Controls: Too many shitty varieties of controllers. Even Smash Bros Brawl played best with Gamecube controller.
Games: I think after first 2-3 years, the console was dead aside from all the shovelware and a handful of Nintendo games

Vodacixi said:
It's my favourite Nintendo home console of all time. And I had NES, N64 and Gamecube.

You didn't have the SNES! Shame on you, sir!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Short answer, yes. For me, until 2010 the wii was the best console to own. Then they stopped supporting it:(

Something...Something...Games...Something