By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Tier 2 Countries Will Give the Console a Large Boost!

The Xbox One will be lsaunching in 33 countries this September. Most people think it will not boost sales because it can be found those countries already, that idea certainly is not true. The Xbox One is more expensive in those countries than it otherwise would be because of importing costs. People in those countries would have to buy games from another country and possibly in a language they do not understand. People that bought the console before it was released in their country would not be able to play online either. Anyone who says the Xbox One will not get a boost from the extra 33 countries this September is just lying.

How much will the Tier 2 countries help Xbox One? Some people say the Xbox One did not release in those countries because of low 360 sales however the 360 most likely did 500k-1 million+ in every single one of them.

The  Xbox 360 launched 50k units in Japan week one. Lets assume the Xbox One will do a little less since PS4 is struggling. Remember the 360 was far more popular than the Original Xbox.

In China, the Xbox One will do decent numbers. It has no competition and it working in collaboration with Chinese companies. Lets assume the Xbox One will do 30k week one in that country.

Even if the Xbox One sold 4k -5k week one in all the rest of the countries (conservative number) that means there will be about 190k-200k boost for the Xbox One week one.

China - 30k

Japan - 40k

30 countries - 120k

Total launch sales- 190k

New baseline

Let's assume from now on the Xbox One will sell 500 units a week after than in every new country launched (it will probably be far more than that but I will be conservative).

The baseline will have increased by 15k conservatively (most likely will increase about 20k).

That would mean on any given week in the summer the Xbox One should be able to do 70k-80k. This number will likely increase as the price comes down and more software is released.

Of course there are more countries to be released in after the tier 2 countries but let's not worry about them.

2015 Basline predictions

90k baseline weekly throughtout of all of 2015 for the Xbox One. PS4 will continue to outsell it but by a smaller margin, 110k weekly, and Wii U sales will dip down to 40k a week since Nintendo's two biggest IPs came out this year.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Most people think it will not boost sales because it can be found those countries already

That's not why.

So the PS4s baseline will sink in the next year? Also 15k per week in the Tier 2 countries? Never.

No idea about the week 1 boost, I'd wager that it'll be lower than 190k though.

Alt Removed - Carl

CoronaryExplosion said:
ROFL

Did this topic cause you a coronary explosion?

(wonder which alt this is)

Around the Network

Yeah, I Think it will get a healthy boost and the baseline will probably rise about 20%. I just hope MS would go all out and launch in many, many more countries so that more people can enjoy the XBox.

Alt Removed - Carl

Keep dreamin Microsoft employee Toastboy

- Moderated, Carl

Half decent, if very optimistic, until the nonsense about PS4 baseline being 110k next year. More wishful thinking

The average/baseline should go up for all the consoles because sales usually rise a lot for all gaming consoles and handhelds in year two and sales often peak in year 3. I think more availability has to mean more sales for X1 in it's 2nd year then then the wii U had in it's 2nd year.