By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TLOU:R sells 1.5million;PS4 shy of ~100,000 to reaching 10million sold - insiderp

fireburn95 said:

http://www.insiderp.com/the-last-of-us-remastered-day-1-sales.html

The Last of Us : Remastered has made a mega impact on sales based on just leaked SONY ledger for day 1 sales. The game has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide in just 24 hours of its launch across the globe. This makes Last of Us :Remastered the highest sold day 1 game on next gen platforms. The leaked SONY ledger accounted for roughly 70% of the retailers worldwide, and we do not know if the consolidated actual number from digital and retail have surpassed 2 million copies on just the launch day ? Approximately 25% of the sales came from digital transactions over PSN. The game made some serious impact on hardware sales. Over 60,000 PS4 :Last of Us hardware bundles were sold across Europe, and approximately over 200,000 consoles were sold across North America and Europe between 31st July, 2014 to August 1st 2014. PS4, as of August 2nd ,2014, is just ~100,000 units shy of reaching the glorious 10m units sold worldwide.

Make of it what you will

If true vgchartz is off in regards to hardware sales, which is a shame since they were tracking it soo well at the beginning when sony announced 4.2million ps4's

to be honest, i dont really trust this guy, or any of them. they all lie or make super easy predictions like 'big game coming at e3' well duhhhh. pete dodd, tidux, thuway, shinobi

That is exactly what I said last week about the PS4 sale to be undertracked in EU!! TLUSR bundle was on the top in lot of online retailers

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network

Not sure how you can say the tracking would be off. insiderp certainly doesn't have access to all of the tracker's independent data. The only leak of info he'd be getting is shipped numbers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

We know the game sold 68k in the UK. The second largest console market...there's absolutely no way in hell that it ended up at 1.5 million WW when Infamous sold more in the UK with 700k WW.

USE LOGIC PEOPLE.

RCTjunkie said:
Their website title literally has the word "derp" in it. Shouldn't that be even a slight hint that it's not the most credible? :P

Apparently some users wouldn't agree with you on that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

well, I think 1.5 retail and digital is possibly, I mean there are 9.5 million PS4 owners and there had not been a big release since Watchdogs..... So maybe. I mean the game is the best game over the past several years it has almost a 10 point lead on any 8th gen games on metacritic. So I mean, it really is the best game you can get right now on any 8th gen system and there is not much competition.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
bigjon said:
well, I think 1.5 retail and digital is possibly, I mean there are 9.5 million PS4 owners and there had not been a big release since Watchdogs..... So maybe. I mean the game is the best game over the past several years it has almost a 10 point lead on any 8th gen games on metacritic. So I mean, it really is the best game you can get right now on any 8th gen system and there is not much competition.

In 24 hours?

jlmurph2 said:
bigjon said:

In 24 hours?

no, 1st week though. I see this as a game that people are going to get because the competion is low. I mean its an incredible game, but I dont think it would have done as well if people had to choose between it, Destiny, AC:Unity, COD, Drive and a whole bunch of other NEW games. IMO they released it at the perfect time, in honesty it was a filler to tide us over till Sep when the game train start rolling.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

todd2r said:
I know we are not supposed to trust the source, but I dont doubt that this is true. Ps4 is doing really well. Congrats Sony.

wee know tlofu did ~68-69k frist week in the uk (retail only) and therefore less than infamous ss (9 days to hit 1m including digital) there

uk is the second biggest home console market. where should that 1.5m day one sales come from?

AZWification said:
RCTjunkie said:
Their website title literally has the word "derp" in it. Shouldn't that be even a slight hint that it's not the most credible? :P

Apparently some users wouldn't agree with you on that!

Well who would believe someone with the word "junkie" in his name.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

haven't heard something from them in a while. Should have stayed that way. 1.5m in 24 hours is hilarious.

inside my ass!