By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

kowenicki said:
Wagram said:
Taking a loss on the console early is worse than being a lagger in sales in my opinion.

...and yet sony did just that with the ps3.  They took HUGE losses after thet first price cut, billions of dollars.  If they hadnt the ps3 would have been totally dead.

So did you say this back then?  Of course not.

We ypu not just whining in another thread that it is not right to bring up your past hypocritical posts and yet you continue to do so?  How do you have so much time when you have all your investments and business to run??

Around the Network

400 is way to much. 300 is the perfect price. Keep in mind, the Xbox 360 and ps3 are still selling pretty well. Mainly because its priced right. Price is everything. I remember when the wii was 200 and it was destroying the PS3 & the xbox 360 combined. Price is key.

kowenicki said:
Vasto said:

Has the Xbox One had an official price cut yet? Does making a new Kinect less sku count as a price cut?

no.  some poster further up is saying a $100 cut now would represent a total of a 50% since it was released.  yes, seriously, his maths is that bad. 

I was thinking that If they have not had a price cut yet then they should be able to make one.  $299 is what the system should be because its just not as good as the PS4 so why on earth would a consumer pick the $399 Xbox One over the $399 PS4? I honestly dont see how the system released without somebody seeing this.

kowenicki said:
Wagram said:
Taking a loss on the console early is worse than being a lagger in sales in my opinion.

...and yet sony did just that with the ps3.  They took HUGE losses after thet first price cut, billions of dollars.  If they hadnt the ps3 would have been totally dead.

So did you say this back then?  Of course not.

Cant stay on topic can you, but but but when this or that.

Arent you mr ms pr finencial guy, clearly they could affored it right.  Guess they dont give a rats ass about xbox much these days, they are as likely to shutter the division as they are likely to pump some money and maybe some what do a decent job of competing these days.  Cause clearly no matter what they do they cant compete with PS4.  

Vasto said:

I was thinking that If they have not had a price cut yet then they should be able to make one.  $299 is what the system should be because its just not as good as the PS4 so why on earth would a consumer pick the $399 Xbox One over the $399 PS4? I honestly dont see how the system released without somebody seeing this.

Some serioius arrogant delusions of grandeur.  MS though they can tell people what they want how they want it and control them, now they are paying for it.  For X1 to near PS3 sales in a single market it would have to be half price, or about what 360 was in comparo to PS3 early on.  

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Vasto said:

Some serioius arrogant delusions of grandeur.  MS though they can tell people what they want how they want it and control them, now they are paying for it.  For X1 to near PS3 sales in a single market it would have to be half price, or about what 360 was in comparo to PS3 early on.  

Yea, it was plain silly for them to come out the way they did. I do believe that $299 would make a difference though because me being a parent I know that if a person goes to a store to buy a console for the kids and they see $399 vs $299 that would be a major deciding factor.

Right now the system being $399 people expect it to do the same as the competition thats $399 which it cant. Nobody should be expecting the Wii U to be like Xbox One and PS4. You cant expect that because its a cheaper console. Xbox One needs to be cheaper and much cheaper.

No and not needed at the moment either since the X1 is still doing pretty good in North America which is and always will be its strongest market.

bananaking21 said:
Nintentacle said:
Nay. They should cut to $300 to better compete with the Wii U, since PS4 already has first place locked IMO.

look at the numbers in the title again dude. 

@OP: as far as a 299$ XB1. it would make a big difference IMO. see, the PS2 was released before the gamecube and before the xbox. it gained a lot of traction and became the go to console. PS4 isnt in the same position as the PS2 was, so it might start to lose market share to the XB1 because people can still play CoD, GTA, fifa on it too. 

if MS do have another 100$ price cut, i am pretty certain Sony will respond with atleast a 50$ price cut too. 

But another 100$ pricecut is improbable to say the least. 50$ less is the lowest that could happen within a year. And that goes for both manufacturers.

Chris Hu said:
No and not needed at the moment either since the X1 is still doing pretty good in North America which is and always will be its strongest market.

Pretty good - having been out sold each month this year half of them doubled in its own home "strongest market". 

Intersting what peole call well or pretty good.  

lol at this guys saying that the SKU kinectless wasnt a price cut-.- so if the console released at $499 and now costs $399 it already received its price cut.. you just cant deny it, but instead you guys do..
even if it's not the same SKU even if it had 250gb instead it would be a price cut from the original price..