By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

BeElite said:
Chris Hu said:

The bundles will help sales they always have helped anyway the X1 in nowhere as doomed as you think it is.

Potential bundles and promotions wont help anywher near as much as you think, TF march and 399 sku already are living proof of that.  You got hopes i got market examples.  

The 399 sku isn't a bundle and TF did boost the X1 sales probably not as much as the hoped it would but it still did very good for a new IP.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
BeElite said:
Chris Hu said:

The bundles will help sales they always have helped anyway the X1 in nowhere as doomed as you think it is.

Potential bundles and promotions wont help anywher near as much as you think, TF march and 399 sku already are living proof of that.  You got hopes i got market examples.  

The 399 sku isn't a bundle and TF did boost the X1 sales probably not as much as the hoped it would but it still did very good for a new IP.

Given the hype marleting free game 449 X1 with Tf and kinetc, very good is a bit of a stretch.  hell there was even bundles found that included all that plus a year of Gold.

BeElite said:
Chris Hu said:
BeElite said:
Chris Hu said:

Given the hype marleting free game 449 X1 with Tf and kinetc, very good is a bit of a stretch.  hell there was even bundles found that included all that plus a year of Gold.

I guess to you a new IP has to sell over 4 million copies to be called successful.

I think there are a lot of variables people arent considering. Sony even in its 3rd gen had a lot more riding on the Playstation brand. Overall, Sony didnt really have any great division as a whole so the Playstation brand was something they had sunk a lot of money into and was arguably much more important to them to keep successful than the xbox brand for MSFT. So comparing Sony eating billions early in the PS3 cycle is a bit different in a broader scale, imo.

Another thing is much of the Xbox braintrust no longer is around. This is a very small variable but Sony had a lot of people who may have felt their reputations were on the line regarding Playstation branding in positions of power and MSFT doesnt have that.

Somewhere in the life cycles of the 360 MSFT was determined to make the Xbox brand a go to media hub in living rooms. This vision, whether people admit it or not, involved kinect. The fact they are no longer budling Kinect is concerning regarding their committment to the overal vision which leads me to believe they may not wholeheartedly push down the cost and eat money at this point. Just my thoughts but I can see this generation playing out without any crazy moves by MSFT like a $100 price cut this soon.

Chris Hu said:

I guess to you a new IP has to sell over 4 million copies to be called successful.

Thsi isnet about TF and its success or not.  Its about X1, where a very hyped game with mass marketing could help it out sale the PS4 in its home "strongest market" as you said.  Stop running away form the convo at hand, stick on topic.  

Around the Network

I can't speak for anyone else but if X1 was 299 and PS4 was 399... my decision would be made.. X1 all day. Right now I can't justify buying an x1 for 399 because it is still "weaker". But for 100 dollars less I'd be all over it.

BeElite said:
Chris Hu said:

Thsi isnet about TF and its success or not.  Its about X1, where a very hyped game with mass marketing could help it out sale the PS4 in its home "strongest market" as you said.  Stop running away form the convo at hand, stick on topic.  

Your the one that brought up TF.

Chris Hu said:
BeElite said:
Chris Hu said:

Your the one that brought up TF.

as part of the promo not its individual success or failure.  

And like I said before TF did boost the X1 sales.  MCC will do it even better since its not a new IP.

Chris Hu said:

And like I said before TF did boost the X1 sales.  MCC will do it even better since its not a new IP.

Its not a new game either, just remasters/ports.  But it will yes, just not nuff to out sale PS4.