By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

snyperdud said:

I think a $299 Xbox One would at the very least sell on par with the PS4 in NA, but most likely outsell it. However, on a global scale, the PS4 would outsell the Xbox One on weekly basis.

I dont know, seems similar to the notion of "at 399 X1 will match PS4 sales" and it failed to do that.

360 cost 299 399, PS3 499 599 

A 360 could have been had for Half the price of the top PS3 sku.  Now 360 had a proper price advantage, among many others.  X1 at 100 less is still an X1 with not a single other advantage really.

Around the Network

Dropping the price any further would be financial suicide. All they can do now is release MCC and hope for the best.

Mystro-Sama said:
Dropping the price any further would be financial suicide. All they can do now is release MCC and hope for the best.

but ms has billlions upon billions, they can buy sony and nintendo.  Clealry they should and will throw billions at the issue, becasue they can they will.  right.  

And seriosuly. X1 has not gotten a real cut, that was a cut while cutting out features and hardware.  

It should have launched at $299. Xbox One has all the major games on it so its not like the Gamecube which was one of favorites systems.

Nintentacle said:
Nay. They should cut to $300 to better compete with the Wii U, since PS4 already has first place locked IMO.

look at the numbers in the title again dude. 

@OP: as far as a 299$ XB1. it would make a big difference IMO. see, the PS2 was released before the gamecube and before the xbox. it gained a lot of traction and became the go to console. PS4 isnt in the same position as the PS2 was, so it might start to lose market share to the XB1 because people can still play CoD, GTA, fifa on it too. 

if MS do have another 100$ price cut, i am pretty certain Sony will respond with atleast a 50$ price cut too. 

Around the Network
Vasto said:
It should have launched at $299. Xbox One has all the major games on it so its not like the Gamecube which was one of favorites systems.

and 399 for Kx sku with free game, would have been a proper strategy.  

bananaking21 said:
Nintentacle said:
Nay. They should cut to $300 to better compete with the Wii U, since PS4 already has first place locked IMO.

@OP: as far as a 299$ XB1. it would make a big difference IMO. see, the PS2 was released before the gamecube and before the xbox. it gained a lot of traction and became the go to console. PS4 isnt in the same position as the PS2 was, so it might start to lose market share to the XB1 because people can still play CoD, GTA, fifa on it too. 

if MS do have another 100$ price cut, i am pretty certain Sony will respond with atleast a 50$ price cut too. 

So in effect MS cant do anything to spur sales as sony can all to easily counter.  299 compared to 349 is just not big enough to really sway anyone.  

bananaking21 said:
Nintentacle said:

I'd still effect Xbox One in a good way overall. Being $50 cheaper is better than being the same price.

BeElite said:
snyperdud said:

I think a $299 Xbox One would at the very least sell on par with the PS4 in NA, but most likely outsell it. However, on a global scale, the PS4 would outsell the Xbox One on weekly basis.

I dont know, seems similar to the notion of "at 399 X1 will match PS4 sales" and it failed to do that.

360 cost 299 399, PS3 499 599 

A 360 could have been had for Half the price of the top PS3 sku.  Now 360 had a proper price advantage, among many others.  X1 at 100 less is still an X1 with not a single other advantage really.

I agree that the Xbox doesn't have a single advantage at the moment (unlike the 360), but the Xbox brand still has some power in the United States. And the Xbox One does seem to have small advantage in the "exclusive" games (subjective, I know) category for this fall. Couple that with a drop price drop to $299 and I honestly think you have a console that could compete with the PS4 in the North American reigon.

TheTwilightTriforce said:
I say this now the 1.000.000 times and I do it one more just because you made this new thread!!! It's not about the price, it's about the GAMES!!!

Actually it's about the bad press in its early days but go on preaching.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.