By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

They should drop the price to seven dollars.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
TheTwilightTriforce said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I say this now the 1.000.000 times and I do it one more just because you made this new thread!!! It's not about the price, it's about the GAMES!!!

If that were true PS4 wouldn't be doing nearly as well as it is now.

I know you must be right in a perfect world, but people are crazy about the PlayStation right now because of a hype that is not normal. But I am sure that alot of PlayStation Fans are not happy with their purchase because of the lack of good games right now! The PlayStation 4 is much overhyped right now and does not deserve the great sales!!!

There are plenty of great multiplatform games on the PS4 at the moment. Sure, there are only a handful of good/great exclusives but this isn't really much of an issue becuase their primary competitor is in a similar situation while hosting inferior multiplats.

NobleTeam360 said:
I say this now the 1.000.000 times and I do it one more just because you made this new thread!!! It's not about the price, it's about the GAMES!!!

I know you must be right in a perfect world, but people are crazy about the PlayStation right now because of a hype that is not normal. But I am sure that alot of PlayStation Fans are not happy with their purchase because of the lack of good games right now! The PlayStation 4 is much overhyped right now and does not deserve the great sales!!!

SO. MUCH. SALT...

bouzane said:
NobleTeam360 said:

There are plenty of great multiplatform games on the PS4 at the moment. Sure, there are only a handful of good/great exclusives but this isn't really much of an issue becuase their primary competitor is in a similar situation while hosting inferior multiplats.

The PlayStation 4 is only selling because of the abnormal hype and not because of great games in my opinion!

X1 just needs to shake the negative perception it garnered stemming from last year's reveal and E3 show and continuing on through launch. Right now PS4 is the "hip" console that people want because other people talk about it. M$ lost all the momentum they had with the 360 last gen by basically repeating Sony's same mistakes with the PS3... releasing a more expensive console without being able to justify its value to the average consumer. Most people didn't care that the 360 was technically inferior to the PS3 in terms of hardware because it had the games they wanted at the right price.

It's ironic too because swap out a couple of exclusives and both the PS4 and X1 have the EXACT same lineup through the rest of 2014 and even into early '15, yet the average consumer still perceives the PS4 to be the better value.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Nope. Disagree completely. $299 would make it win the US and maybe UK.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Despite all that has been said, i think this is not likely to happen.

You see, SONY is a electronic/hardware company before anything. It has more know-how, bargaining power and more network on how to get the console parts. It is very unlikely that MS can cut their price too much time before SONY, unless they accept selling at loss.

vkaraujo said:
Despite all that has been said, i think this is not likely to happen.

You see, SONY is a electronic/hardware company before anything. It has more know-how, bargaining power and more network on how to get the console parts. It is very unlikely that MS can cut their price too much time before SONY, unless they accept selling at loss.

Even with all that know how, somehow their TVs and other electronic devices are significantly more expensive than the competition... 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

bouzane said:
NobleTeam360 said:

The PlayStation 4 is only selling because of the abnormal hype and not because of great games in my opinion!

Unless you're an extremely noteworthy individual within the gaming community you can feel free to backup that opinion with some sort of fact(s).

On Metacritic the PS4 already has 49 games rated 75 and up, that's a decent selection considering how long it has been out.

Taking a loss on the console early is worse than being a lagger in sales in my opinion.