By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

bouzane said:
TheTwilightTriforce said:
bouzane said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I say this now the 1.000.000 times and I do it one more just because you made this new thread!!! It's not about the price, it's about the GAMES!!!

If that were true PS4 wouldn't be doing nearly as well as it is now.

I know you must be right in a perfect world, but people are crazy about the PlayStation right now because of a hype that is not normal. But I am sure that alot of PlayStation Fans are not happy with their purchase because of the lack of good games right now! The PlayStation 4 is much overhyped right now and does not deserve the great sales!!!

There are plenty of great multiplatform games on the PS4 at the moment. Sure, there are only a handful of good/great exclusives but this isn't really much of an issue becuase their primary competitor is in a similar situation while hosting inferior multiplats.

The PlayStation 4 is only selling because of the abnormal hype and not because of great games in my opinion!

Unless you're an extremely noteworthy individual within the gaming community you can feel free to backup that opinion with some sort of fact(s).

On Metacritic the PS4 already has 49 games rated 75 and up, that's a decent selection considering how long it has been out.

First I would like you to know that i don't care about Metacritic, but i i would do like you said than i woul say that 75 is not a good score, and as far not good enough for all the hype the PlayStation 4 has!

Around the Network

One simply doesn't stand a chance against the force that is the PS4 globally in the US and globally outside the US

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

a 299 cut might not even be needed for the xb1

MoHasanie said:
vkaraujo said:
Despite all that has been said, i think this is not likely to happen.

You see, SONY is a electronic/hardware company before anything. It has more know-how, bargaining power and more network on how to get the console parts. It is very unlikely that MS can cut their price too much time before SONY, unless they accept selling at loss.

Even with all that know how, somehow their TVs and other electronic devices are significantly more expensive than the competition... 

Well, they have more know-how than MS, not Samsung.

prinz_valium said:

A cut to 299 is needed to outsell WiiU, never mind the PS4

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Alt Removed - Mod Team

Alt Removed - Mod Team

shikamaru317 said:
Ninsect said:
prinz_valium said:

A cut to 299 is needed to outsell WiiU, never mind the PS4

It's barely behind Wii U now even though it hasn't had it's tier 2 launch yet or any of it's fall/Holiday multiplats which Wii U doesn't have.

WiiU does have Smash though, which will push more consoles than any single One multiplat or exclusive. And it's almost 10k behind now and the gap seems to be widening, despite a recent $100 price cut.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

First I would like you to know that i don't care about Metacritic, but i i would do like you said than i woul say that 75 is not a good score, and as far not good enough for all the hype the PlayStation 4 has!

I can see I'm wasting my time here but I'll reply anyway. The PS4 is clearly going to be the lead system for pretty much every console developer and has already obtained a far greater library of games then the XBOne. The WiiU is pretty much a non-factor because it has underpowered hardware and virtually zero third party support. It's a one horse race and the average consumer sees this. Just because the PS4 isn't really worth it now doesn't mean that it's all hype.

Alt Removed - Mod Team