By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A cut to 299 might not help X1 much

If X1 dropped to $299 this fall it would outsell PS4 1.5:1 minimum in NA. I expect it to outsell PS4 regardless in NA this fall. MCC is going to sell a lot of consoles and lets face it the PS4 fall lineup is extremely weak.

Edit: By fall I mean holiday season. Nov-Early Jan.

Around the Network

Alt Removed - Mod Team

AbnormalSoprano said:
tuscaniman99 said:

If X1 dropped to $299 this fall it would outsell PS4 1.5:1 minimum in NA. I expect it to outsell PS4 regardless in NA this fall. MCC is going to sell a lot of consoles and lets face it the PS4 fall lineup is extremely weak.

Compatred to what??? People dont just play exclusives and x1 doesn't have a good lineup this fall either, why does fall only matter?? Ps4 had MLB the show FF14 and tlou remaster what has MS had since Titanfall??? Such a BS post. Sony is smart to spread releases around.

Really? XB1 doesn't have a good fall lineup? How about Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo:MCC vs Driveclub and LBP3. Its not even a contest which console has the better holiday lineup.

I picked the fall because that is by far when the most consoles are sold. The OP states at $299 the XB1 would still sell less than the PS4 and I'm predicting at $399 the XB1 will outsell the PS4 in NA this fall, which means it not outselling the PS4 at $299 is ludicrous.

AbnormalSoprano said:
shikamaru317 said:

It's barely behind Wii U now even though it hasn't had it's tier 2 launch yet or any of it's fall/Holiday multiplats which Wii U doesn't have.

ROFl at the tier 2 laucnh.. will be lucky to add 1 -2 k a week to x1.

no way. will add a maximum of 300 sales each week

tier 2 is just 27 countries

and only the rest of the biggest gaming markets

• Argentina
• Belgium
• Chile
• Colombia
• Czech Republic
• Denmark
• Finland
• Greece
• Hungary
• India
• Israel
• Japan
• Korea
• Netherlands
• Norway
• Poland
• Portugal
• Russia
• Saudi Arabia
• Singapore
• Slovakia
• South Africa
• Sweden
• Switzerland
• Turkey
• UAE

+ china

http://www.newzoo.com/free/rankings/top-100-countries-by-game-revenues/

inb4

thats mainly pc markets and all prefer ps over xbox

and u can already buy an xbox one there

tuscaniman99 said:

Okay, so a collection of old games is going to get One from selling about 50% as much as PS4 in the US to MORE than PS4? 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
AbnormalSoprano said:

1-2k weekly from 20+ countries? Surely you're joking. None of them are big Xbox markets historically, but combined they'll surely add up to more than that weekly, especially with the heavy bundling MC is doing in those countries (FIFA in Tier 2 Europe for instance).

You remind me of Flaming Weazel, you're not yet another alt of him are you? The last one just got banned earlier today. 

FIFA was bundled with One in Tier 1 European countries too. Look how well that worked out. Bundling FIFA with an unwanted console (in the European countries I speak of) isn't going to do much, since PS is the console for FIFA there.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

I certainly feel a $299 X1 would give a significant boost to sales. Especially if PS4 is still $399 when that happens.

It could happen next year. So we'll have to wait and see.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

tuscaniman99 said:
AbnormalSoprano said:

Compatred to what??? People dont just play exclusives and x1 doesn't have a good lineup this fall either, why does fall only matter?? Ps4 had MLB the show FF14 and tlou remaster what has MS had since Titanfall??? Such a BS post. Sony is smart to spread releases around.

Really? XB1 doesn't have a good fall lineup? How about Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Halo:MCC vs Driveclub and LBP3. Its not even a contest which console has the better holiday lineup.

I picked the fall because that is by far when the most consoles are sold. The OP states at $299 the XB1 would still sell less than the PS4 and I'm predicting at $399 the XB1 will outsell the PS4 in NA this fall, which means it not outselling the PS4 at $299 is ludicrous.

Ignore him, he's banned.

Ninsect said:
shikamaru317 said:
AbnormalSoprano said:

1-2k weekly from 20+ countries? Surely you're joking. None of them are big Xbox markets historically, but combined they'll surely add up to more than that weekly, especially with the heavy bundling MC is doing in those countries (FIFA in Tier 2 Europe for instance).

You remind me of Flaming Weazel, you're not yet another alt of him are you? The last one just got banned earlier today. 

FIFA was bundled with One in Tier 1 European countries too. Look how well that worked out. Bundling FIFA with an unwanted console (in the European countries I speak of) isn't going to do much, since PS is the console for FIFA there.

every week still ~15k people want that unwanted console.

even without offical tier2 europen countries.

imagine this could be ~20k with them :O

prinz_valium said:
Ninsect said:
shikamaru317 said:
AbnormalSoprano said:

every week still ~15k people want that unwanted console.

even without offical tier2 europen countries.

imagine this could be ~20k with them :O

You say 15k, I see 12k and dropping and this is after a $100 price cut. The tier 2 countries do definitely not represent almost 50% of the market in Europe for Xbox One...Look at how it's performing in the UK vs. the rest of europe (hint: basically 50% is coming from the UK).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com