By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Wii U pass up GameCube?

When will Wii U pass GameCube?

2015 (we know its not this year) 81 12.96%

2016 138 22.08%

2017 127 20.32%

2018 47 7.52%

2019 18 2.88%

never 214 34.24%

Total:625
TheWPCTraveler said:
It'll hit 15 million next year. 2017 or bust to pass GCN numbers.

The rumored one big game a month system for the Wii U will really help it next year.

I don't see how is gonna pass 15m by 2015. Hell I seriously agree with the people who thinks this is the peak year. Mario 3d, 8 and Smash out are more than enough to realise of that

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

The rumored one big game a month system for the Wii U will really help it next year.

I don't see how is gonna pass 15m by 2015. Hell I seriously agree with the people who thinks this is the peak year. Mario 3d, 8 and Smash out are more than enough to realise of that

I see the Wii U hitting 11 million by end-2014. I don't see how 4 million isn't a reasonable number.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Soundwave said:

If it was going to outsell/match the GameCube, both Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 should've provided much larger boosts. The 3DS started to sell at a reasonably high level after Mario 3D Land and MK7, the Wii U is no where near as close to those levels. 

3DS also got an $80 price cut on top of these games. A factor that should not be forgotten... Wii U needs to be cheaper as well, $300 is too much.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

TheWPCTraveler said:
AZWification said:

Zelda U? Swan song? Yeah, sure!

Yeah, I doubt this, too. You're saying that Zelda will be the swansong when Starfox won't be close to finished by that date?

Let's not forget that Nintendo might also be working on numerous games ( including Metroid U) that will come out after Zelda U! 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Possibly never, if it does, numbers will be very close to each other anyway though.

Around the Network

who cares? How does this effect your life? in the grand scheme of things,this really doesn't matter.

TheWPCTraveler said:
leyendax69 said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

I see the Wii U hitting 11 million by end-2014. I don't see how 4 million isn't a reasonable number.

lol are we siblings?

mario party 10 <3 the most viewed e3 2014 N title,it should be a system seller

oldschoolfool said:
who cares? How does this effect your life? in the grand scheme of things,this really doesn't matter.

Easy there chief, this is a sales website so its not very odd that people want to discuss sales. Im pretty sure Wii U sales arent affecting anyone on this sites life, just friendly discussion about things that interest us.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ucell said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:

well you and i both know that im not going to be digging up threads and such in the past, but i sure do remember a lot of "2014 will be the year of the 4" crap, people saying that its going to have uncharted 4, god of war 4, killzone 4, resistance 4 and other games that are going to be 4. and with mark cerny talking up short six month development cycles, i think a lot of people expected a little more games than what we have. oh yeah, and SECOND COMING OF THE PS2. glad that is out of everybody's system because its certainly no ps2. 

and what you said about it cant compete with ps4 on a technical level, thats assuming that being "next gen" has to do with having 8GB of ram or whatever other standard sony has set on how powerful your console has to be in order to be next gen. i dont know why anybody would use that as a standard, but whatever. they came out with a console at the same time sony and ms did, and theyre all competing for the same money.

anyways, sales, at least in some part, do suggest that interest in wii u is raising. i mean, its base line nearly doubled since mk, and that raise in baseline is affecting sony's sales. i dont care what anybody says, the consoles are in a competition against eachother, and sales for one means there is a less chance of that person buying the other. so i do think there are a significant amount of people out there who chose to buy a wii u instead of a ps4 because of the games it had. and you know as well as i that it takes A LOT to turn around an image of a company. sony is still selling that many consoles because of the hype and the bad publicity of ms and nintendo at the start of this generation. it sure as hell isnt selling because of its library of games, its selling mainly because of pr reasons. look at gen 7 where, at the start, ms and nintendo had great publicity and sony was being made fun of all the time. it took almost the entire generation (about 2010) to fully change those perceptions, and now (2014) sony is king and people talk hella shit on x1 and wii u. think about it, the main reason the sales are the way they are is because of this great mismanagement of the wii u in the marketing department in the first year, the restrictive totalitarian policies ms was forcing on us with the x1, and sony capitalizing on that in combination with having a fantastic showing in feb2013. having a better game library is going to have a hard time competing with all of that. if nintendo keeps bringing games and fun experiences that are enticing to people, then the tides could turn eventually, but that doesnt mean sony is just going to sit back and make remasters all day long. sony will certainly fight back, its just that all this pr stuff has really shaped the sales how they are at this moment. i hope some of that made sense, im kind of high so forgive me if i just rambled and shit

Well, could you please kindly show us when people said that Uncharted 4, God Of War IV, Killzone 4, Resistance 4 were coming out in 2014? I mean, your post makes no sense at all.

Uncharted 4 got a teaser trailer late 2013, so obviously couldn't be expected to release this year.

God Of War: Ascenson came out just last year, of course God Of War IV couldn't have released this year.

Resistance is dead. There woul be no Resistance 4. Sony had already said that.

Killzone: Shadow Fall was a PS4 launch game. So people expected a sequel within a year, really?

I mean, your post really doesn't make sense at all. Why would people buy a gaming console only due to good PR behind it? Why would people expect the sequels which are sure to not come in 2014? Besides, there was no reason people would buy a PS4 in the expectations of tons of games, when all new gaming systems have a drought of games in there first year.

Btw PS4 actually has tons of games released or coming in 2014, much more than many systems in the past.

Im not going to go look it up since it was 1.5 years ago but I also saw posters talking about year of 4 around the time PS4 was announced. These people werent basing it on anything and im pretty sure it was just something they had hoped to see instead of actually expecting it to happen.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.