By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Wii U pass up GameCube?

When will Wii U pass GameCube?

2015 (we know its not this year) 81 12.96%

2016 138 22.08%

2017 127 20.32%

2018 47 7.52%

2019 18 2.88%

never 214 34.24%

Total:625
leyendax69 said:

TheWPCTraveler said:

I see the Wii U hitting 11 million by end-2014. I don't see how 4 million isn't a reasonable number.

That means wii u needs almost a 100% improvement from 2013. I can't see that either, even with price cut seems unlikely, but we'll find out

Well, we'll have to wait and see.  The holiday season is really quite pivotal for Nintendo this year, considering the fact that they gambled that fans will buy a Wii U for Smash after dropping it on 3DS.

If Nintendo doesn't come within striking distance of 11 million by end-Q3 FY2015, I don't think they'll reach 15 million by end-Q3 FY2016.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Given the current market, it would be the biggest of failures if they didn't even pass the Gamecube.

But it's unlikely, and the Wii U will probably pass the GC in 2016 the soonest, and 2017 the latest.

DolPhanTendo said:
drake_tolu said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Bold Prediction February 2015. WiiU WILL DOMINATE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GameCube have sold little more than 14 million by February 2004... i think that is impossible. :/

Is this a same time period.

Yes, Gamecube launched late 2001 and Wii U late 2012 so that would be a little over 2 years for each

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

bubblegamer said:
oldschoolfool said:
who cares? How does this effect your life? in the grand scheme of things,this really doesn't matter.

Same could be said for your recent topic. Next time try to participate in the discussion in a positive way. That being said, it matters to us (the ones visoting a sales website should you have missed it)

i think people just say things like that when they dont have any arguments left but they dont hate to see there system of choice in a negative light

oniyide said:
maybe toward the end. Even then thats not good. less 25mil that means it would would sold almost a FIFTH of what Wii sold. Has a system ever sold that much lower than its predecessor?

The Sega Saturn only 9.5 million compared to Sega Mega Drive which sold 50 million. So that's about a fifth.

Around the Network
Devil_Survivor said:
oniyide said:
maybe toward the end. Even then thats not good. less 25mil that means it would would sold almost a FIFTH of what Wii sold. Has a system ever sold that much lower than its predecessor?

The Sega Saturn only 9.5 million compared to Sega Mega Drive which sold 50 million. So that's about a fifth

oh yeah, that system was screwed from the very beginning...starting to see a pattern

Jumpin said:
Why do people nowadays keep calling GameCube "GCN" instead of GC? Is it called "GameCube Nintendo" instead of Nintendo GameCube in the US? Or is the N some other kind of dev code thing, kind of like the X in PSX?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=why+is+gamecube+called+gcn

It was NGC, but apparently there was some dispute with National Geographic Channel so they changed it to GCN.  It's been like that forever.

My 8th gen collection

I'd say 2017 or 2018

in my opinion i think that the end of 2015 wii u will die.

ps4 and xbox one next year will have a lot of AAA games exclusive first party and from third parties.

nintendo not has enough games to fight with that.

so... if wii u sells the same as gamecube nintendo can say THANK YOU.