By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo -V- 3rd Parties

I don't care for Nintendo's first party, so the exclusives they have don't do anything for me and gamers like me. I like Sony's offerings and multiplats perform better on PS4 so that's my main console. I have a good PC too for other games not on consoles.

Around the Network
Nexus7 said:

Splatoon is nothing but a kid friendly/Mother approved Call of Duty.  

The rest if your opinion, clearly, but I'm curious to hear exactly how you reached this conclusion.

Zekkyou said:

There is no "war". The WiiU requires the most money/resources to port too, while simultaneously providing the smallest pay off. It's simply not worth it to the majority of developers/publishers.

If you believe there is some kind of war, then 3rd parties already won. The WiiU isn't what you'd describe as a huge success for Nintendo, either financially or in sales.

The WiiU is a great console for fans of Nintendo games, but the lack of 3rd party support has made it completely irrelevant to everyone else.

3rd parties already won? Because they are selling less and less games to a smaller audience and turning to pay to play nonsense and subscription. Sounds to me like no one wins, just like in any war. The biggest losers are the gamers.

bubblegamer said:
I don't care for Nintendo's first party, so the exclusives they have don't do anything for me and gamers like me. I like Sony's offerings and multiplats perform better on PS4 so that's my main console. I have a good PC too for other games not on consoles.

Well, you were always going to buy a playstation, so it's not like Nintendo lost out, right? :)

DerNebel said:
Honestly it's not even a question, you will miss more by only owning a Wii U than you do by not owning a Wii U.

Also I'm just gonna ignore the obvious opinion that you dressed up as a fact in your OP.

My obvious opinion? Eh not really. I would love to play dragon age and the withcer 3. I will have to buy them on steam though. Ad let's be honest, they were never going to be on a Nintendo console. I used to own a ps3 and when i had kids, I couldn't play any of my games with them in the room so a Wii U suited me better. I reall couldn't care less. What I truly hate is the pay to play and subscription crap that I see 3rd parties starting.

Around the Network
Nexus7 said:

None of those games makes me want to shell out $299.99 for a console. Just a bunch of sequels of franchises I've played for 10+ yrs.  Splatoon is nothing but a kid friendly/Mother approved Call of Duty.  

A Star Fox reboot would get me interested, but after seeing Miyamoto's recent tech demos of Giant Robot and that Surveillence Camera game makes me think he has lost his touch.  Yes, I know Star Fox is an old franchise, but it is one franchise Nintendo hasn't milked to high heaven. 

there is an upcoming star fox u title...it leaked accidentally!

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:
Honestly it's not even a question, you will miss more by only owning a Wii U than you do by not owning a Wii U.

Also I'm just gonna ignore the obvious opinion that you dressed up as a fact in your OP.

My obvious opinion? Eh not really. I would love to play dragon age and the withcer 3. I will have to buy them on steam though. Ad let's be honest, they were never going to be on a Nintendo console. I used to own a ps3 and when i had kids, I couldn't play any of my games with them in the room so a Wii U suited me better. I reall couldn't care less. What I truly hate is the pay to play and subscription crap that I see 3rd parties starting.

This is the obvious opinion that you dress up like a fact:

"Nintendo are by far the best 1st party developerer and have the best exclusives."

The rest of your post here really doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote.

If you only own a Wii U then you will factually miss out on more games than you would if you only owned a PS4/X1/PC, if we start to add in quality or anything like that, then we enter the realm of opinions again, which would make this question impossible to answer since everybody likes different games and will thus have different standpoints on where they would miss out more.

DerNebel said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:

This is the obvious opinion that you dress up like a fact:

"Nintendo are by far the best 1st party developerer and have the best exclusives."

The rest of your post here really doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote.

If you only own a Wii U then you will factually miss out on more games than you would if you only owned a PS4/X1/PC, if we start to add in quality or anything like that, then we enter the realm of opinions again, which would make this question impossible to answer since everybody likes different games and will thus have different standpoints on where they would miss out more.

But then factually, the only winner can be PC, if we choose to ignore quality.

Depends on how much you value platformers, I guess.

Hack n' slash, RPGs, fighting games, action adventure games, co-op shooters, even Mushou games, the PS4/XO will win those categories easily, as well as many others.

I very strongly disagree with the OPINION that, "Nintendo are by far the best 1st party developerer and have the best exclusves," but I have no problem admitting that they rule platformers with an iron mushroom. If that genre is one of your priorities, there you go. If your fancy is tickled by just about anything else, however, you might need to consider other options.

Personally, I care nothing about platformers, so the Wii U is currently a distant last place in terms of console interest for me, including handhelds. Zelda, Metroid, X, and MAYBE Star Fox are the only games on the horizon I see with any hope of changing that.

cfin2987@gmail.com said:
bubblegamer said:

Well, you were always going to buy a playstation, so it's not like Nintendo lost out, right? :)

That's not how businesses think.