By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo -V- 3rd Parties

Ka-pi96 said:

Opinion much?

I think anyone with a Wii U only is missing out on so much more than those that don't have a Wii U, there are myriad 3rd party games to choose from. Not only that but both Sony and Microsoft have brilliant 1st party games, which a lot of people prefer to Nintendo's 1st party games, as well.

I love how you call him out on an opinion, then try to validate your views with opinions. Lol.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

I'm not trying to present my opinion as fact though. I started with 'I think' to show it is just my opinion, and I didn't discount Nintendo completely I said a lot of people prefer other games but didn't claim they everyone did.

I know, just found it funny

MoHasanie said:
markodeniro said:
MoHasanie said:
Well third party developers won't lose anything by not being on the Wii U. Their games don't sell on that console. Nintendo will lose because many customers will not purchase a Wii U since it has the lowest amount of games and most are Nintendo games.

According to VGcharts Wii U 289 games, Xbone 189, Ps4 269. i assume you have the xbox

Why do you assume that? 

Do you?

Wii U+PC FTW

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

bigtakilla said:
Nexus7 said:

Why because I think Splatoon looks lame?  Because I'm getting sick of old Nintendo franchises? Dude, I've been playing Zelda games for 20+ yrs, I'm worn out. 

And yet I'd be willing to bet 99% of people who say this have played more CODs and Assassins Creeds than Marios or Zeldas. In fact, I bet  you have as well. If you don't like a series don't like a series, I'm fine with that. Blaming it on sequels though, *sigh*....

I still play the original Mario and Zelda games on my Nes, SNES and N64. I'm just not that big of a fan of the more modern games of those franchises. I don't feel the need to pay another $60 just to play the same exact story with slightly better graphics.  

I've only bought 3 COD games in my life.  Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 1 and 2.  Advance Warfare looks to be a solid upgrade over past COD games so I might buy it.  I'm not against sequels, I just wished Nintendo had a bigger range of franchises outside of Mario and Zelda. 

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Nexus7 said:
ohmylanta1003 said:
Nexus7 said:

None of those games makes me want to shell out $299.99 for a console. Just a bunch of sequels of franchises I've played for 10+ yrs.  Splatoon is nothing but a kid friendly/Mother approved Call of Duty.  

A Star Fox reboot would get me interested, but after seeing Miyamoto's recent tech demos of Giant Robot and that Surveillence Camera game makes me think he has lost his touch.  Yes, I know Star Fox is an old franchise, but it is one franchise Nintendo hasn't milked to high heaven. 

You should close your mind a little more!

Why because I think Splatoon looks lame?  Because I'm getting sick of old Nintendo franchises? Dude, I've been playing Zelda games for 20+ yrs, I'm worn out. 

But playing old franchises from other publishers is OK??

I never said anything about other publishers. Though, I do think milking any franchise is lame unless you can make enough changes to the game to make it feel almost new again. Call of Duty games really have been nothing but glorified map packs after Modern Warfare. Advance Warfare looks to be the first true attempt at improving the game a great deal since Modern Warfare. 

DerNebel said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
DerNebel said:
Honestly it's not even a question, you will miss more by only owning a Wii U than you do by not owning a Wii U.

Also I'm just gonna ignore the obvious opinion that you dressed up as a fact in your OP.

My obvious opinion? Eh not really. I would love to play dragon age and the withcer 3. I will have to buy them on steam though. Ad let's be honest, they were never going to be on a Nintendo console. I used to own a ps3 and when i had kids, I couldn't play any of my games with them in the room so a Wii U suited me better. I reall couldn't care less. What I truly hate is the pay to play and subscription crap that I see 3rd parties starting.

This is the obvious opinion that you dress up like a fact:

"Nintendo are by far the best 1st party developerer and have the best exclusives."

The rest of your post here really doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote.

If you only own a Wii U then you will factually miss out on more games than you would if you only owned a PS4/X1/PC, if we start to add in quality or anything like that, then we enter the realm of opinions again, which would make this question impossible to answer since everybody likes different games and will thus have different standpoints on where they would miss out more.

I hate when fans try to pass that off as a fact, like people who like PS exclusives and MS exclusives better don't exist.

IMHO that list of games is laughable. At least in teh HUGE sense. When you say huge. what do you mean? in sales? cause only Zelda and Smash are really going to light up the charts. Bayo2 will probably do a bit better than 1 which isnt saying much. Toad is spin off of a game that is doing good but wont light the charts on fire. Yoshi isnt that big. Splatoon is an unknown but im not expecting much. X we dont even know when thats coming. some of those are kinda niche. Not saying they cant be good.

But to answer the question, that is up to each gamer to decide whether Wii U is enough for them. BUT going by intial sales im going to say most people DONT think WIi U is enough. Hell a Ninty console hasnt been enough since SNES days.

Personally no way i can own wii U by itself. Final Fantasy, Kindom Hearts, Star Wars BF, Mirrors Edge. Assassins Creed, COD?, Tekken?, new Mass Effect, Batman, Metal Gear Solid 5 are just a few games of the top of my head that i want to play. And that not even the exclusives(which IMO Sony has the best ones)

Nexus7 said:

I still play the original Mario and Zelda games on my Nes, SNES and N64. I'm just not that big of a fan of the more modern games of those franchises. I don't feel the need to pay another $60 just to play the same exact story with slightly better graphics.  

I've only bought 3 COD games in my life.  Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 1 and 2.  Advance Warfare looks to be a solid upgrade over past COD games so I might buy it.  I'm not against sequels, I just wished Nintendo had a bigger range of franchises outside of Mario and Zelda. 

Well if I'm wrong in your case I'm wrong, but if that's the case you're the exception to the rule and not the standard.

i think its time we stop conversations like this. if you want 3rd party buy ps4 or xb1, if you want nintendo games buy wii u. I think nintendo will survive with just a few third party games and their own offerings. This will never change lets deal with it and move on to enjoying gaming