By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How powerful will Nintendo's next-gen handheld/console be?

NiKKoM said:
zorg1000 said:

The handheld version will be a moderate boost from PS Vita, similar to how 3DS is moderately more powerful than PSP.

Both decives will release in late 2016 at $199 each.

Would be a dissappointment.. there are already 50 euro chinese tablets with quadcore 1gb ram and 8gb storage space and 720p.. blowing the vita away.. for 199 euro's I would like to have at least a octa core, 2 gb ram and 16gb like a tablet like this http://www.tinydeal.com/fnf-ifive-mini-3gs-79-android-44-octa-core-3g-tablet-phone-p-126621.html .. shouldn't be that expensive to glue some buttons on it..

How powerful would that make it compared to other handhelds/consoles?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

next nintendo console will be and needs to be on par with other consoles if they want 3rd party games.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

zorg1000 said:
Dusk said:
I don't think third party support has much to do with the power of the console. Most engines are quite scalable. Most third party games are being released on PS4/3 and X1/360, there is certainly more at play than just the power of the console. I have far too many ideas of what it could be to try to write them all down as far as fusion lol. It will be interesting to see though.
I don't really see it happening too soon though.

Well at least give some of ur ideas, make this thread interesting

Haha! Well for one, I think it could use a Cloud service or at least download play between the consoles, but some way that it would enable the ability to save on one system but be accessable on both. It might just be as simple as unifying eShop accounts for cross play with cloud saves or the like. The idea of the cards is reasonable, but I have my doubts about it due to it being an expensive expendature for both the consumer and Nintendo to make unless they use generic micro SD's or something like that. Proprietary stuff has nearly gone the way of the dodo. But it is certainly possible. 

:D

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

The next Nintendo console will NOT be fusion specs, but it will be something we have absolutely no idea on.

KLXVER said:
vivster said:
Nintendo will never release a console that's on par with the competition. It will always just be slightly above the competition's last gen consoles.

Theyve done that 2 out of 6 times...

Yeah, but who's counting really :P

Fact is that their next console will probably be at best on par with PS4.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
Nintendo will never release a console that's on par with the competition. It will always just be slightly above the competition's last gen consoles.

Theyve done that 2 out of 6 times...

Yeah, but who's counting really :P

Fact is that their next console will probably be at best on par with PS4.

...or more powerful than the PS5..

zorg1000 said:
NiKKoM said:

Would be a dissappointment.. there are already 50 euro chinese tablets with quadcore 1gb ram and 8gb storage space and 720p.. blowing the vita away.. for 199 euro's I would like to have at least a octa core, 2 gb ram and 16gb like a tablet like this http://www.tinydeal.com/fnf-ifive-mini-3gs-79-android-44-octa-core-3g-tablet-phone-p-126621.html .. shouldn't be that expensive to glue some buttons on it..

How powerful would that make it compared to other handhelds/consoles?

The vita has pretty much phone tech in it:
with an ARM A9 quad core, the SGX543 gpu and 512mb and 128mb vram.. with more ram it would have been a good phone today.. but with the mobile tech advancing that fast that the chinese can probably offer this tech for ~50 euro's.. it would be extremely dissappointing if nintendo didn't released a handheld twice/thrice the power..

Just look at this benchmark with the iphone 4s, 5 and 5s on it.. that's a yearly release between power

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

KLXVER said:

...or more powerful than the PS5..

Sure.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

spurgeonryan said:
Can we get much better than PS4, Which is supposedly stronger than many PCs multiple times over currently?

I think they should aim for a little better and not waste too much more time on it. A consistent release time table is more important.

PS4 isn't actually that powerful. Equivalent to a lower mid-end PC today.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

There's absolutely no way the Wii U's successor won't be more powerful than the PS4. At least on par. Definitely not weaker than the PS4, and definitely definitely not weaker than the XBO.

I do agree that they will both be released in 2016. That gives the Wii U a 4 year life span and the 3DS a 6 year life span.

The handheld successor will be on par with the PS3 and maybe even the Wii U by that time.