By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Doing Extremely Well........

Ah, replied before I saw the other comments tearing apart his argument :)  What's funny is that regardless of all of the lame hair splitting and defensiveness...not ONE of these conversations results in one more sale either way.  Just a bunch of people here arguing about their own narrow vision of how the industry should work (in their opinion).  They are going to get a very rude awakening soon when they realize that their loyalty does nothing to help a company who releases a bad product!

Around the Network

The X1 is doing quite bad, not extremely well. Giving consumers the option to buy the standalone system didn't help boost sales that much. Soon after that, MS started offering $75 to 360 users who buy an X1. MS has been going from patch to patch and none of them are working. Meanwhile, the PS4 continues to outsell its competitor with ease and by a large margin, too. You can say how good the X1's holiday lineup is, but no successful console relies just on the holidays. All the good systems have sold well in a consistent basis all year long. However, X1 falls flat on its face at this criteria. It might have had a very successful launch, but starting January, sales fell off a cliff. When you compare the X1's Q4 2014 shipments to the 360's Q4 2006 shipments, the X1's predecessor did much better by >1.5 million (we don't know what's the actual number because MS decided to combine X1 and 360 shipments). At this rate, the X1 will end up being behind the 360 before the end of this year.

XB1 had a great launch Nov/Dec, but beyond that has gone from bad to terrible. The 2014 numbers are faded from 360 monthly rates, and July NPD will show how bad the base demand is.

No offense, but the "RYSE is the best looking next gen title..." died after the release of inFamous: Second Son, and the gameplay reveal of The Order: 1886. As well, I never really understood that argument to begin with when if we look back at the PS360 gen, God of War 3 was inarguably one of the best looking 7th gen games, yet many 360 fans trashed it for being extremely linear. Why has RYSE suddenly become an exception. It's just as linear as GoW3, has some serious performance issues, and in some ways actually looks worse than GoW3. Doesn't really matter though because, like I said already, Second Son looks just as good as RYSE plus it's open world, native 1080p, and runs at 30 - 60 FPS with virtually no performance issues.

I know this isn't really an Anti-PS4 article, but it does seem to be trying to shy people away from buying a PS4 by talking up only XBone while mentioning nothing of the pros of buying a PS4 instead for comparisons sake. I mean, PS4 is getting the definitive version of Destiny, as well exclusive games like DriveClub, Planetside 2, and LBP3. It also just got TLoU.

If you really want to convince people to buy an XBone, as well as convince others why the XBone is going to win this holiday, you have to at least give the pros of both, but why the XBone's pros outweigh those of the PS4. Making a thread like, you might as well just be lying.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

ZyroXZ2 said:
jnemesh said:

So, because a game is on a previous gen console, it doesn't count?  So you shouldn't count Halo then...because it's already available on Xbox and Xbox 360!

Sales will tell the tale here, and LBP 3 is most definitely a highly anticipated game that will sell VERY well (better than Sunset or Forza, just watch!).

Let's not disregard The Last of Us remastered either, which just launched last week. (what did the Xbox One have last week...oh yeah....)

Then there is "Deep Down" (although we might not see that in NA this year), still highly anticipated.

Planetside 2....also highly anticipated.

Infamous: First Light ...yeah, it could be considered DLC, but it's a standalone game, and again, will sell very well.

No Man's Sky....call it what you want, this is one of THE MOST anticipated games coming out this year.

There are others too, but I will just leave with these.  Try arguing your case with facts instead of cherry picking what YOU consider to be "worthy" games.

Planetside 2: PC, not a PS4 exclusive: FACT.

DLC is not a game: FACT.

Ori and the Blind Forest: another MS exclusive I've been ignoring, but just for you, will now add that to the list.  FACT.

No Man's Sky is NOT a holiday release: FACT.

Deep Down has not been announced as a holiday release: FACT.

The Last of Us Remastered is NOT a holiday release in the upcoming months (it's already out): FACT.

What was that about facts, again?

But it's a PS4 console exclusive. It's okay to say Titanfall is an exclusive, but not Planetside 2? Okay then...

DLC isn't a game, but clearly a console getting DLC/ Expansions up to a year early, as well getting the graphically definitive verison, makes that console version the better one to buy. I do recall people saying the same exact thing about GTA4, Fallout, Skyrim, and are still saying it about CoD. 

Something tells me Ori and the Blind Forest isn't exactly gonna be a system seller...

No Man's Sky and Deep Down might not be 2014, but they're still PS4 exclusives, so that still makes the PS4 better for the long run. 

Doesn't really matter if TLoU is already out. It's still gonna be a choice for people during the holiday season. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network

I find it hilarious that the OP is giving props for X1 for getting better and better games, not mentioning PS4 ONCE, yet the argument people make is that PS4 is outselling the X1? Kind of sad when you think about it :)

At this point, what interests me is this; will Microsoft be able to, at the very, very least, swing things around enough to start keeping ahead of its predecessor before it runs out of rope? As someone pointed out, the fact that the Xbox One is tracking ahead of the Xbox 360 in terms of sales-at-that-point is due to a massive boost during the holiday season last year; however, in both financial quarters since 2014 begun, the Xbox One has fallen behind the Xbox 360's numbers by varying degrees.

This means that the 'gap' the Xbox One has over its predecessor has been shrinking with every month Microsoft can't outsell the early-days 360. Unless Microsoft can turn things around, sooner or later they might not even have the 'Outselling the 360 at the same period' claim to make. In fact, depending on just how many of the '1,1 million Xbox units shipped' this quarter were 360s, and how many were Ones, Microsoft may have actually, quietly, lost that title already.

To be honest, I think they do have a pretty good chance of keeping their head above water in the future; the 360's next quarter was a mere 900,000k, and the price cut should at least help a little. If not, the holiday quarterly sales for the 360's second Christmas were, surprisingly, supposedly only 1.2 million units, (possibly due to supply constraints,) so with enough bundles and built momentum, they should be able to surge back ahead of their predecessor.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

chapset said:
It's the best selling Microsoft console this gen, that's for sure

Well, shit! That's something nobody can argue with!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I agree, XB1 is doing extremely well compared to the vita

Puppyroach said:
I find it hilarious that the OP is giving props for X1 for getting better and better games, not mentioning PS4 ONCE, yet the argument people make is that PS4 is outselling the X1? Kind of sad when you think about it :)

Well thank ZyroXZ2..