By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Doing Extremely Well........

taggartaa said:

I own an Ouya and a Vita :'(

And you don't seem to be happy about it..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

if the xb1 is doing extremely well, we are going to need to invent new adjectives to describe how the ps4 is doing

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

ZyroXZ2 said:
jnemesh said:
ZyroXZ2 said:
I don't see the Xbox One beating the hype sales of the PS4, much like the Wii enjoyed. However, among actual gamers who track games, there's no denying the Xbox One has a better holiday lineup. People will buy the PS4 because other people are buying the PS4, but the Xbox One has more exclusives lined up along with having every major multi-platform game as well.

Essentially, going into the holidays, the Xbox One has a better lineup, but it won't matter because the PS4 will sell on the hype train like the Wii did (people buying it because it's the "fad" right now).

And no, that's not me knocking the PS4, lol

The Xbox One has more exclusives?  Um, no, it doesn't.  Go check again.

Xbox One Upcoming Major Releases:

- Forza Horizon 2

- Sunset Overdrive

- Halo: The Master Chief Collection

PS4 Upcoming Major Releases:

- Driveclub

And if you REALLY want to TRY and give the PS4 an extra edge, you can say Little Big Planet 3, but that's ALSO coming to the PS3, hence, not a PS4 exclusive.  You can apply that to Forza Horizon 2 if you wish, and it still comes out on top!

All the rest of the major releases coming up are multiplats showing up on both platforms.

Edit: Whoops, didn't even finish the first paragraph, lol

It's this kind of mentality that creates lots of issues in forums and is not really helpful.

First you say this holiday season, like games that have come out previously in the year when MS didnt release any - it's just being selective and trying to re-enforce a positive outlook on something by bending the facts to your favour. Then you claim, you cant count LBP because it's coming out on PS3, but ignore the fact that Titanfall, HMCC and Dead Rising have been on other platforms (or will be), Forza is on 360. Again this is used by people who want to make a particular console look better, it's selective reasoning, and the reason why people want to argue the "Facts" with you.

The claim that PS4 is only selling because it's hyped... no offence but most if not all people buy products because they are hyped for it. At the moment, if you look at cold hard facts, there are more games available on PS4 than on XBO, you can be selective and say, well if we discount A,B and C. You could also say that the PS4 is selling better because its considered the better product (why because people don't buy a poorer product). Regardless of hype, people buy something because they feel its value and quality is above that of another product.

So can we stop with this rather silly positive re-inforcement of a product based on selective thinking.

Also what is this rubbish: However, among actual gamers who track games, there's no denying the Xbox One has a better holiday lineup.

Amazed you didnt throw in some other overused tosh like - Amongst Hardcore, or Real gamers. Where did you get the data that states the actual gamers think XBO has a better line up... from your friends, from some guys on the internet... or just making stuff up. What the hell does track games means, people who look at release lists... or just special advanced gamers who are in the know?

I dont mind people saying "I think the XBO has a better line up and this is why"... totally ok with that.. but when people roll out BS like that.. really man.. it's pretty embarressing. 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

AZWification said:
taggartaa said:

I own an Ouya and a Vita :'(

And you don't seem to be happy about it..

It's just hard to be happy that the Vita is at least beating out the Ouya when you also own an Ouya... That's all.

GiggaGimp said:
X1's 2014 numbers are NOT good, it's dead in europe, and getting beat in the 1 country it has to have..... It is not doing well at all in 2014.

Is that you Weazel?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
taggartaa said:

It's just hard to be happy that the Vita is at least beating out the Ouya when you also own an Ouya... That's all.

Well, at least the Vita is beating out every home console in Japan! That's still something!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Its doing somewhere between bad and down right awful.

Its doing so awful MS had to un bundle a massive investment like the Kinetic and crumble its voice and gesture vision for X1 entertainment. It was selling so low they had to give up on an integral part of the system in a desperate attempt to motivate sales and it mostly failed.

PS4 has doubled X1 sales for half the months in 2014 in USA, out sold it each an every one this year. For 2014 PS4 is out selling X1 in Germany 5.5 - 1.  It is 3.5 - 1 over all, though likely PS4 undertracted and its worse the that.  Make matters worse Vg numbers show Wiiu is now out selling the X1.

Its quite clear looking at numbers, X1 is Doing Extremely Bad.

Planetside 2: PC, not a PS4 exclusive: FACT.

DLC is not a game: FACT.

Ori and the Blind Forest: another MS exclusive I've been ignoring, but just for you, will now add that to the list.  FACT.

No Man's Sky is NOT a holiday release: FACT.

Deep Down has not been announced as a holiday release: FACT.

The Last of Us Remastered is NOT a holiday release in the upcoming months (it's already out): FACT.

What was that about facts, again?

Don't you hate it when people say "Fact" to state opinion?  I sure do!

Planetside 2 is on PC, but if you want to play it on a CONSOLE (which is what we are discussing) you need a PS4!

Infamous: First Light is a STANDALONE title, you do NOT need to own "Second Son" to play it.  Therefore, it's NOT DLC!  (FACT!) :)

I humbly suggest you get down off your high horse before you take a fall, sir.

It's the best selling Microsoft console this gen, that's for sure

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

jnemesh said:

Planetside 2: PC, not a PS4 exclusive: FACT.

DLC is not a game: FACT.

Ori and the Blind Forest: another MS exclusive I've been ignoring, but just for you, will now add that to the list.  FACT.

No Man's Sky is NOT a holiday release: FACT.

Deep Down has not been announced as a holiday release: FACT.

The Last of Us Remastered is NOT a holiday release in the upcoming months (it's already out): FACT.

What was that about facts, again?

Don't you hate it when people say "Fact" to state opinion?  I sure do!

Planetside 2 is on PC, but if you want to play it on a CONSOLE (which is what we are discussing) you need a PS4!

Infamous: First Light is a STANDALONE title, you do NOT need to own "Second Son" to play it.  Therefore, it's NOT DLC!  (FACT!) :)

I humbly suggest you get down off your high horse before you take a fall, sir.

He already did, his arguments were laughably bad spin and incorrect.