By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Xbox One Is Doing Extremely Well........

I think extremelly well is entering the ranks of globally in USA. X1 is doing ok, but by no metrics we can say extremelly well. That would imply in saying ps3 done great at launch and PSVita is doing good.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
I find it hilarious that the OP is giving props for X1 for getting better and better games, not mentioning PS4 ONCE, yet the argument people make is that PS4 is outselling the X1? Kind of sad when you think about it :)

No but others did (started a biased list war and everything), and the RYSE is the best looking game narrative is silly considering it was not even the best looking launch title. The OP's post is clearly one sided and aimed to cause a reaction..... Ps4 is getting better and better gams to, it's how console cycles work.

The best part about people complaining about sony fans is that they act as if they don't exhibit this same behaviour on sony threads. And Sony fans limited themselves to criticize the metrics used not the console or fanbase. So who is being toxic?
And I expect that everyone that mocks other people english I expect all of them to have a degree in English and talk fluently the language of the people you mock. Because I would bet that the people in his country wouldn't mock you for your poor domain of their language and would try to help you out. And that he would get around your country much better than you would there. What an imbecile argument and way to deflect argumentation.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Jega said:
...........and Microsoft should be very happy with the work they have done so far.
I for one think Xbox One would still have sold well even with the always online, Game DRM, and Family sharing 
features, but thats a whole other topic, and I just wanted to say that. Now on to the topic at hand.

Damn second line and you already made me laugh.

Tagged for sweets

Zanten said:
At this point, what interests me is this; will Microsoft be able to, at the very, very least, swing things around enough to start keeping ahead of its predecessor before it runs out of rope? As someone pointed out, the fact that the Xbox One is tracking ahead of the Xbox 360 in terms of sales-at-that-point is due to a massive boost during the holiday season last year; however, in both financial quarters since 2014 begun, the Xbox One has fallen behind the Xbox 360's numbers by varying degrees.

This means that the 'gap' the Xbox One has over its predecessor has been shrinking with every month Microsoft can't outsell the early-days 360. Unless Microsoft can turn things around, sooner or later they might not even have the 'Outselling the 360 at the same period' claim to make. In fact, depending on just how many of the '1,1 million Xbox units shipped' this quarter were 360s, and how many were Ones, Microsoft may have actually, quietly, lost that title already.

To be honest, I think they do have a pretty good chance of keeping their head above water in the future; the 360's next quarter was a mere 900,000k, and the price cut should at least help a little. If not, the holiday quarterly sales for the 360's second Christmas were, surprisingly, supposedly only 1.2 million units, (possibly due to supply constraints,) so with enough bundles and built momentum, they should be able to surge back ahead of their predecessor.

A mere 900,000k? That's 900 million consoles!

(Obviosly knew what you meant but couldn't resist)

Around the Network
taggartaa said:
Zanten said:
At this point, what interests me is this; will Microsoft be able to, at the very, very least, swing things around enough to start keeping ahead of its predecessor before it runs out of rope? As someone pointed out, the fact that the Xbox One is tracking ahead of the Xbox 360 in terms of sales-at-that-point is due to a massive boost during the holiday season last year; however, in both financial quarters since 2014 begun, the Xbox One has fallen behind the Xbox 360's numbers by varying degrees.

This means that the 'gap' the Xbox One has over its predecessor has been shrinking with every month Microsoft can't outsell the early-days 360. Unless Microsoft can turn things around, sooner or later they might not even have the 'Outselling the 360 at the same period' claim to make. In fact, depending on just how many of the '1,1 million Xbox units shipped' this quarter were 360s, and how many were Ones, Microsoft may have actually, quietly, lost that title already.

To be honest, I think they do have a pretty good chance of keeping their head above water in the future; the 360's next quarter was a mere 900,000k, and the price cut should at least help a little. If not, the holiday quarterly sales for the 360's second Christmas were, surprisingly, supposedly only 1.2 million units, (possibly due to supply constraints,) so with enough bundles and built momentum, they should be able to surge back ahead of their predecessor.

A mere 900,000k? That's 900 million consoles!

(Obviosly knew what you meant but couldn't resist)

I was on a Dr. Pepper induced sugar high, I cannot be held accountable! T_T *sobs*

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

zyroxz2 said--- And if you REALLY want to TRY and give the PS4 an extra edge, you can say Little Big Planet 3, but that's ALSO coming to the PS3, hence, not a PS4 exclusive. You can apply that to Forza Horizon 2 if you wish, and it still comes out on top

I would say that's certainly an edge,there is a lbp option to buy it for the ps4 and not for the xone,and reverse with forza

zyroxz2 said--Planetside 2: PC, not a PS4 exclusive: FACT.  --not everyone has a pc fact, not everyone has a good running pc fact..  this is another option thats on ps4 thats not gonne be on the xone,fact... if were flat out talking about xone vs ps4,,theres a lot more to play on ps4 fact.....the options are just  more to play  than xone.... also,even though its not in the holiday season as it just released,by the time mid nov comes around,another great option thats on the ps4 thats not on xone is tlou-re,that'll be around 25-30$ by than with sales/deals,fact.. of course nobodys saying dlc is a full game,but the dlc from second son and destiny is just another option thats gonna be on ps4 over the xone,fact. and that dlc will help entice the gamer to go towards one systen over another...again,dont assume everybody owns a gaming pc.... ps4 has more to play than xone(when comparing just the  2 only) making it the stronger choice by far for the holiday season

It is doing better than it should be, but no where near what MS or their fans expected. If the WiiU was better the X1 would be doing worst.

The Xbox One is bombing in EU territories, not only 'record low' sales but they aren't even selling in many EU countries, losing the race to PS4.

At this rate even the WiiU will come out ahead.

larrysdirtydrawss said:
And if you REALLY want to TRY and give the PS4 an extra edge, you can say Little Big Planet 3, but that's ALSO coming to the PS3, hence, not a PS4 exclusive. You can apply that to Forza Horizon 2 if you wish, and it still comes out on top

I would say that's certainly an edge,there is a lbp option to buy it for the ps4 and not for the xone,and reverse with forza

Why do people always mention Forza? Forza Horizon 1 sold really poorly.Forza 5 failed to sell X1s at launch and has been outsold by TF.Forza is not as popular as people seem to think.Halo and Gears are the only big games on the Xbox and they are far off.