By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony was right, EA access is a rip-off and needs to flop

Console wars are so cute XoXoXo

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Playstation Now is a bigger rip off though, so they have no right to call EA out.

lol no they are two different services.  A rental is never a good deal but most dont care as they dont care about keeping movies or games or whatever for a life time.  

EA service is just crap written by legal to rip people of, i dont mind ea i like plenty of their games but they are best at milking and ripping people of if you let them.  

Puppyroach said:
So what is the argument? That because EA offers a subscription service it is catastrophical to the industry? On PS Now games are offered for the same price for 4 hour playtime, way more restricting than EA Access, yet I suppose you won't write a huge rant about that?

Ever since subscription models entered the scene with XBL, PS+ for games, Netflix and Huluplus for movies/series, my cost for enjoying games/movies has been reduced greatly. I will prefer GWG since I get to keep them aslong as I subscribe but I only see EA Access as an added service. If I don't like it, I don't buy, that strange freedom of choice thing you know. But at least I get to make that choice.

How is PS Now restricting?

DerNebel said:
Puppyroach said:
So what is the argument? That because EA offers a subscription service it is catastrophical to the industry? On PS Now games are offered for the same price for 4 hour playtime, way more restricting than EA Access, yet I suppose you won't write a huge rant about that?

Ever since subscription models entered the scene with XBL, PS+ for games, Netflix and Huluplus for movies/series, my cost for enjoying games/movies has been reduced greatly. I will prefer GWG since I get to keep them aslong as I subscribe but I only see EA Access as an added service. If I don't like it, I don't buy, that strange freedom of choice thing you know. But at least I get to make that choice.

Since I get less playtime for the same amount of money in PS Now than EA access. Restriction can be in alot of forms, and all these services are restricted in one way or the other. PS+ and XBLG on X1 are also restricted since I only get to "keep" the games aslong as I subscribe. All different forms of restrictions.

I said I wasn't going to do it...but i'll do it just once because apparently too many people don't read the whole post

- Ps now doesn't need a console. That's 300-400 dollars worth of savings right there
- PS now games include ALL dlc. The silly comparisons people make with used games and bargain bin are instantly invalid.
- Ps now lets you choose the games you want and for how long you want them. There is no uncertainty, letting you make a more informed decision. And it also doesn't encourage you to separately buy DLC for a game that you don't own and will lose access to.
- Ps now has no negative impact on PS+, unlike something like Access.
- Ps now offers mobility that Access does not

But again, the fact that the only thing people try to do is turn things into an argument about PS now just shows how everything I said about EA access is spot on. Deflection at its best.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
PullusPardus said:
Playstation Now is a bigger rip off though, so they have no right to call EA out.

lol no they are two different services.  A rental is never a good deal but most dont care as they dont care about keeping movies or games or whatever for a life time.  

EA service is just crap written by legal to rip people of, i dont mind ea i like plenty of their games but they are best at milking and ripping people of if you let them.  

This.

Puppyroach said:
DerNebel said:
Puppyroach said:

Since I get less playtime for the same amount of money in PS Now than EA access. Restriction can be in alot of forms, and all these services are restricted in one way or the other. PS+ and XBLG on X1 are also restricted since I only get to "keep" the games aslong as I subscribe. All different forms of restrictions.

I wouldn't call that restricting just more expenisve. Also I find the EA Access and PS Now comparison pretty silly anyway, they are completely different things.

IMHO : They (MS & EA) are slyly trying to revive the policies everyone was angered about with the X1 unveil.

They'll start doing the good guys giving access to games for a competitive price and if successfull, the service will slowly evolve until they lock you with their terms & conditions

IMHO, MS & EA can't be trusted anymore. They want to set their DRM policies back and they'll do whatever it takes to mandate them

Raziel123 said:

I said I wasn't going to do it...but i'll do it just once because apparently too many people don't read the whole post

- Ps now doesn't need a console. That's 300-400 dollars worth of savings right there
- PS now games include ALL dlc. The silly comparisons people make with used games and bargain bin are instantly invalid.
- Ps now lets you choose the games you want and for how long you want them. There is no uncertainty, letting you make a more informed decision. And it also doesn't encourage you to separately buy DLC for a game that you don't own and will lose access to.
- Ps now has no negative impact on PS+, unlike something like Access.
- Ps now offers mobility that Access does not

But again, the fact that the only thing people try to do is turn things into an argument about PS now just shows how everything I said about EA access is spot on. Deflection at its best.

Few things 

1: it doesn't need a console, but what gamer only rents games? If you ONLY rented games through out your gaming career, you'd probably end up spending an insane amount more. If they add a subscription with in a reasonable price, this point would be a lot more relevant

2: of course it's gonna come with all dlc. The games are from previous generations meaning they either included the dlc or didn't have it at all. Access is offerings newer games on the current generation so expecting all dlc to be paid for is a little much considering we only pay $5 a month.

3: if said person actually read the tos for access, then there is no uncertainty. Plus the price for access is much better now. I mean seriously, $5 a month for UNLIMITED access to MULTIPLE games. On PS Now, some games cost near $5 to rent it for FOUR hours. Which deal is worth more is more then obvious to me

4: what negative effect is access causing again? Cuz last thing I remember, it's not mandatory

5: it doesn't and you act like that decision wasn't on purpose. It's an XBO exclusive so of course it won't be mobile

quit acting like sony is the "savior". In reality, almost all gaming companies are as bad as each other.

DerNebel said:
Puppyroach said:
DerNebel said:
Puppyroach said:

I wouldn't call that restricting just more expenisve. Also I find the EA Access and PS Now comparison pretty silly anyway, they are completely different things.

Yeah, last time I checked, money can be quite restricting. And I find it funny that so many thinks PS Now can´t be compared to subscription services since it´s all different ways of renting games.