By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony was right, EA access is a rip-off and needs to flop

PSNow and EA access will be more comparable once Sony figures out their subscription model and sets a price.

Until now it's a little bit silly to compare them as we still don't even know what it's actually going to cost us...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Serisouly, can someone tell me why this doesn't come to PC?

Cause....ssshhhuuuttt up. In all seriousness though I think it's just because it's going to be exclusive to the Xbox One.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Raziel123 said:

EA access, unlike its namesake, is very restrictive and limited. At any given moment you can only access the games that are in the vault in THAT particular moment. This means that EA can do whatever they want. Legally they can even add a huge game to the Vault for 1 day, watch the subs spike, and then remove it right away. Consumers will have no basis to complain or ask for a refund. You will no longer be able to play that game.

EA has said that they have "no plans to remove any game from The Vault."

Source: 

Yeah.... I think you're being too harsh and this is coming from someone who hates EA..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DerNebel said:

I'm sure it will.

Around the Network

If people don't like it then they won't subscribe but its nice to have more options. And I'd prefer if other publishers made their own service as well cause competition is good.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Lobocobolo said:
Raziel123 said:

EA access, unlike its namesake, is very restrictive and limited. At any given moment you can only access the games that are in the vault in THAT particular moment. This means that EA can do whatever they want. Legally they can even add a huge game to the Vault for 1 day, watch the subs spike, and then remove it right away. Consumers will have no basis to complain or ask for a refund. You will no longer be able to play that game.

EA has said that they have "no plans to remove any game from The Vault."

Source: 

And on the same tweet it's made clear that they will remove games from the vault.

DaveyBoy88 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

People should stop comparing services:

Playstation Plus is Xbox Live with free games every month(just like Xbox Live Gold) including a backlog. These game are a FREE BONUS, Xbox Live of the old days was just as expensive without free games.

Playstation Now is a game STREAMING service, not a rental service. There are servers running the entire game.

EA access is a subscription based rental service, but unlike most rental service you don't have a say to what you get to play. Also it has no backlog, once the game is taken down it's gone. If you sign up to play a certain game and it gets taken down the next day, you're out of luck.

Why? We are comparing the VALUE of these services, not the services themselves. PSNow, as it stands, is WAY more of a rip-off than EA access - dime for dime.

If you can't agree to that then all I can say is H-U-Z-Z-A-H!

You can't compare the value of a service without comparing the services themselves. You'r e just talking about the cost of each service, which is something else all together.

It's also pretty stupid to try and compare the value of these two at this point anyways since the value of PSNow not only varies wildly depending on what you are renting and for how long you are renting  but is also going to change alltogether before it ever launches as a full fledged service. EA access on the other hand we have the cost of but we still know very little about what it will offer the people who subscribe.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
DerNebel said:

Cause....ssshhhuuuttt up. In all seriousness though I think it's just because it's going to be exclusive to the Xbox One.

Ok, but even if, why is it exclusive?

Did MS pay for it or does EA think that PC gamers wouldn't use the service?

What will happen to PSN+ and GWG? Same thing that happened with Steam, if a company like EA wants to split off and do it's own thing, let them be, more power to them. Plus I doubt every single publisher wants to invest in their own rental service, and even if they do that is no guarantee they will split off from PSN+ and GWG.