By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Infighting in Nintendo Management Leads to Scheming to Get Rid of Iwata

Tlozjb said:
So Iwata is the one keeping Nintendo, from falling into the fake dream of huge mobile profits, as Square Enix and Capcom are falling, good to know, and with that known, he hopefully stays in the helm of the company till those guys are gone. Though he could always do what Yamauchi did in his early days, fire those managers, to proof his autorithy, that not even the upper management is safe, if they oppose him.

Them wanting to bring Katsuhito Yamauchi, seems to be interesting, I wonder if it is because he is easily manipulated, so they can use him as their puppet, but either way, Katsuhito should stay away from Nintendo, since if he was the project/planning director for Mario Party 9 and Island Tour, he better stay away from Nintendo and their main software teams.

was he really?

Around the Network

sounds like a load of bullshit if you ask me.

Turkish said:
Tlozjb said:
So Iwata is the one keeping Nintendo, from falling into the fake dream of huge mobile profits, as Square Enix and Capcom are falling, good to know, and with that known, he hopefully stays in the helm of the company till those guys are gone. Though he could always do what Yamauchi did in his early days, fire those managers, to proof his autorithy, that not even the upper management is safe, if they oppose him.

Them wanting to bring Katsuhito Yamauchi, seems to be interesting, I wonder if it is because he is easily manipulated, so they can use him as their puppet, but either way, Katsuhito should stay away from Nintendo, since if he was the project/planning director for Mario Party 9 and Island Tour, he better stay away from Nintendo and their main software teams.

was he really?

Well that is the only thing Nd Cube has done recently, so that he is the only thing he could have worked on :v Unless he had left Nd Cube by then.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Dont believe this

Nintendo was doing badly with the GameCube and even the N64 console adn then came Satoru Iwata brought us the DS which sold over 150 million units and Wii console 100 mil. sold.

Im trying to say Nintendo was not doing very well before Iwata they did make money and I understand from a company perspective why they wont to get rid of him BUT WHY WOULD NINTENDO FANS GAMERS IN GENERAL do that ? this is the only guy who understands how Nintendo works as a gaming company to get rid of him is to get rid of Nintendo as we know it "the best gaming company in the world".

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

This is an example of how much the press knows (One year before Iwata was appointed):
"While Yamauchi does not intend to announce his successor until next year at the earliest, there are a couple of possible contenders for his position. One of them is Atusho Asada, the former vice president of Sharp and now NCL's executive vice president. Another candidate is Yamauchi's right-hand man Hiroshi Imanishi, though Imanishi himself admits he is better to serve the president."
"Minoru Arakawa, the president of Nintendo of America, is another likely successor."
"Katsuhito Yamauchi, the son of the NCL chairman, had entered Nintendo in Canada, but lasted only a year, mainly because of language barriers and limited experience in the business. When it didn't work out, Arakawa helped him form a company in Vancouver that would sell Nintendo products. He has since joined his father's company and recently worked on the Pokmon movies as an associate producer. Now in his early forties, Katsuhito Yamauchi should have the sufficient experience to assume his father's hot seat."
http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=224
April 16, 2001

Kiss my ass, mobile-loving upper management!

Ka-pi96 said:
MoHasanie said:
KLXVER said:
MoHasanie said:
hmm, well then he should go cause mobile games can make Nintendo lots of money.

Maybe everyone should go mobile then...?

Well it wouldn't hurt for Nintendo to try it. MS makes Windows Phone games and Sony makes playstation Mobile games. 

Microsoft and Sony don't put their best games on mobile phones though. If Nintendo were to try and put rubbish versions on Mobiles phones like MS and Sony then it would probably backfire.

Ninty doesnt have to put their best games on mobile. Hell they could probably make a killing on putting just Mario 1 on their . How could it backfire?

oniyide said:

Ninty doesnt have to put their best games on mobile. Hell they could probably make a killing on putting just Mario 1 on their . How could it backfire?

Have you ever played a platformer with a touch screen?

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

Have you ever played a platformer with a touch screen?

I'd suggest an auto-run Mario if the mere thought of it didn't make me nauseous.