By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Infighting in Nintendo Management Leads to Scheming to Get Rid of Iwata

KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

It's at least something they should consider, I mean the people that buy Nintendo hardware would still buy their games even if they released on other systems and you could also add in a probably quite large amount of people that have some interest in a couple Nintendo franchises but wouldn't buy a system especially for them.

I think we all know that software is the money maker in gaming, not hardware.

"Buy SSB5 on PS4 and get an exclusive character"

"Buy SSB5 on XB1 and get another exclusive character"

"Buy the new Zelda on PS4 and you get an exlusive dungeon to explore"

"Buy the new Zelda on XB1 and you can play as Zelda in MP"

Yeah, no thanks...

Going multiplat doesn't mean that they automatically have to join the whole exclusive content trend, you know? Every console manufacturer would happily let Nintendo release their games on his system even without any of that stuff.

Around the Network
DaveyBoy88 said:
And so it begins.

Merely a matter of time till they go 3rd party.

They wont go third party. If theres one thing Nintendo hates, its sharing money.

DerNebel said:
KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

It's at least something they should consider, I mean the people that buy Nintendo hardware would still buy their games even if they released on other systems and you could also add in a probably quite large amount of people that have some interest in a couple Nintendo franchises but wouldn't buy a system especially for them.

"Buy SSB5 on PS4 and get an exclusive character"

"Buy SSB5 on XB1 and get another exclusive character"

"Buy the new Zelda on PS4 and you get an exlusive dungeon to explore"

"Buy the new Zelda on XB1 and you can play as Zelda in MP"

Yeah, no thanks...

Going multiplat doesn't mean that they automatically have to join the whole exclusive content trend, you know? Every console manufacturer would happily let Nintendo release their games on his system even without any of that stuff.

Why wouldnt they though? MS and Sony paying them to do it. Sounds like free money.

baloofarsan said:
Dolphin emulator is quite popular ( Dolphin HD – 10,000,000+ downloads) and works on Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android.
"Everyone" wants to play Mario games if they are free.

Doesn't and will never play Wii U games. 

KLXVER said:

Why wouldnt they though? MS and Sony paying them to do it. Sounds like free money.

Don't even bother with DerNebel, he always suggest this stuff in negative Nintendo threads. 

Around the Network
oniyide said:
DerNebel said:
oniyide said:
DerNebel said:
Don't really think the whole mobile idea is a good one, but I believe that Nintendo could be a lot more profitable if they didn't confine their games to their hardware, so actually I'd say that their strength is making software which is then held back by their hardware.

Also Hiroshi Yamauchi founded Nintendo now? Wonder how he did that 38 years before being born.

so what are you suggesting? they go multiplatform?

You and I know in the eyes of many people here that is even worse than going mobile, but bless you for saying it. IMHO i could care less either way, i never had an issue with getting two consoles, but it would be fun to watch just for the meltdowns.

Yeah I know what you mean dude! Seeing Nintendo go third party would be tits, just to see all those Nintendo fans scream and shout like little girsl! The meltdowns! Lulz1!1!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

amak11 said:
KLXVER said:

Don't even bother with DerNebel, he always suggest this stuff in negative Nintendo threads. 

He doesnt sound that negative. Just sounds like he really wants Nintendo games on his console of coice to me.

oniyide said:
some of you really need to get over yourselves. You are not the sacred holders of anything Nintendo, please. Them having stuff on mobile wouldnt take away from anything they do regularly. The money they could make would be worth it and you could have your "pure" Nintendo. everyone wins. And no it being on mobile isnt going to take away sales from the "real" games since people buying the mobile and vice versa understand the difference.

The problem with that is opening the door. If nintendo were to release games on smartphones, they will make some big profits at first, but it is well documented mobile sucess does not equal continued growth.

What I see Nintendo doing down the road is to create a Nintendo app, where you can buy games and play them within the same app. Release VC games on it, but always keeping control of it. Put adds for wiiU and 3ds games there and keep it small.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

KLXVER said:
amak11 said:
KLXVER said:

He doesnt sound that negative. Just sounds like he really wants Nintendo games on his console of coice to me.

He's not negative, this thread however is. Some people just want the impossible, and my thought usually is. If you can spend 600 dollars on setting up a new game console with Sony then you can sure as hell handle 400 - 450 dollars with Nintendo. More game consoles = more choice = less bias. 

oniyide said:
DerNebel said:

You and I know in the eyes of many people here that is even worse than going mobile, but bless you for saying it. IMHO i could care less either way, i never had an issue with getting two consoles, but it would be fun to watch just for the meltdowns.

Yeah the meltdowns would be huge, but it really does make more sense than a lot of people would like to admit. I mean being a platform holder makes sense for Sony, because they make a ton of cash through third party games and now also their subscription service, but Nintendo has neither of those, they basically make almost all their money through their own software, especially on console.

Handheld may still look a little different, but since the collapse of the dedicated handheld market really only seems to be couple more years off, it doesn't look like that is something that will work for much longer either.

So Nintendo can either take the risk and try and create another extremely successful console or consider the much safer route of concentrating on what is really pulling the people towards their systems, Nintendo games, and just cut out the dedicated hardware barrier.