By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Infighting in Nintendo Management Leads to Scheming to Get Rid of Iwata

oniyide said:
DerNebel said:
Don't really think the whole mobile idea is a good one, but I believe that Nintendo could be a lot more profitable if they didn't confine their games to their hardware, so actually I'd say that their strength is making software which is then held back by their hardware.

Also Hiroshi Yamauchi founded Nintendo now? Wonder how he did that 38 years before being born.

so what are you suggesting? they go multiplatform?

It's at least something they should consider, I mean the people that buy Nintendo hardware would still buy their games even if they released on other systems and you could also add in a probably quite large amount of people that have some interest in a couple Nintendo franchises but wouldn't buy a system especially for them.

I think we all know that software is the money maker in gaming, not hardware.

Around the Network
amak11 said:
oniyide said:
amak11 said:
oniyide said:
some of you really need to get over yourselves. You are not the sacred holders of anything Nintendo, please. Them having stuff on mobile wouldnt take away from anything they do regularly. The money they could make would be worth it and you could have your "pure" Nintendo. everyone wins. And no it being on mobile isnt going to take away sales from the "real" games since people buying the mobile and vice versa understand the difference.

It kills the 3DS, don't be stupid

dont be silly they obviously arent going to put the same games on 3ds and on mobile, get real. 

I am getting real. You get real. You put one game on mobile people demand more games and more franchises. eventually Nintendo would give in because of it. Why would they butcher sales on other platforms? Not even to mention the prices have to conform to Nintendo pricing schemes and not traditional ones for mobile. So Super Mario bros 1 would be 5 dollars on mobile, same as it is on Wii and Wii U and 3DS. People would not accept that making it wasted sales potential 

because thats whats been happening with the other companies? what app stores are you going to? No Ninty wont give in they wont have to. Just keep putting out classics. their fanbase knows that they have to have the system to play the latest Ninty stuff. Are you just going to stop buying Ninty systems because you can play some game from 20 years ago on your phone? if the answer is yes then you were never a fan to begin with. 

I can see the pricing being an issue, i think people will pay it because it is Mario, OR Ninty just adapts and lower the prices which would be fine IMHO i think they are too high anway.

Dolphin emulator is quite popular ( Dolphin HD – 10,000,000+ downloads) and works on Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android.
"Everyone" wants to play Mario games if they are free.

DerNebel said:
oniyide said:
DerNebel said:
Don't really think the whole mobile idea is a good one, but I believe that Nintendo could be a lot more profitable if they didn't confine their games to their hardware, so actually I'd say that their strength is making software which is then held back by their hardware.

Also Hiroshi Yamauchi founded Nintendo now? Wonder how he did that 38 years before being born.

It's at least something they should consider, I mean the people that buy Nintendo hardware would still buy their games even if they released on other systems and you could also add in a probably quite large amount of people that have some interest in a couple Nintendo franchises but wouldn't buy a system especially for them.

You and I know in the eyes of many people here that is even worse than going mobile, but bless you for saying it. IMHO i could care less either way, i never had an issue with getting two consoles, but it would be fun to watch just for the meltdowns.

If this is 100% true news, then I'll run out and but an Xbox One.

Around the Network
baloofarsan said:
Dolphin emulator is quite popular ( Dolphin HD – 10,000,000+ downloads) and works on Windows, OS X, Linux, and Android.
"Everyone" wants to play Mario games if they are free.

anybody will play anything if its free.

DerNebel said:
oniyide said:
DerNebel said:

"Buy SSB5 on PS4 and get an exclusive character"

"Buy SSB5 on XB1 and get another exclusive character"

"Buy the new Zelda on PS4 and you get an exlusive dungeon to explore"

"Buy the new Zelda on XB1 and you can play as Zelda in MP"

Yeah, no thanks...

And so it begins.

Merely a matter of time till they go 3rd party.

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:
KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

im saying people will see Mario and buy it for 5 dollars cause its mario and they already have a phone. They do the same for Sonic and others. Their is no "smart" or "dumb" in that decision.

Well you wont have to buy a Nintendo device to play those games then...

Yes you do, if you want to play the latest and greatest. People arent buying Wii Us and 3ds' for Mario 1, they are barely buying anything really in Wii U's case. Not sure why this is hard to grasp

The VC is a selling point of Nintendo systems. Some people buy it for those old games.

I seriously doubt it. The systems would be doing just about the same if they didnt exist. Hell WIi straight up stop getting VC support about halfway through and it didnt really change anything.

oniyide said:

I seriously doubt it. The systems would be doing just about the same if they didnt exist. Hell WIi straight up stop getting VC support about halfway through and it didnt really change anything.

What? The Wii didnt stop getting VC support...

Features of a console can be a selling point.