By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Infighting in Nintendo Management Leads to Scheming to Get Rid of Iwata

amak11 said:

He's not negative, this thread however is. Some people just want the impossible, and my thought usually is. If you can spend 600 dollars on setting up a new game console with Sony then you can sure as hell handle 400 - 450 dollars with Nintendo. More game consoles = more choice = less bias. 

Oh the thread, my bad

Yeah, Nintendo wont go third party anytime soon. Maybe if their next 3 consoles and handhelds fail...

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
amak11 said:

He's not negative, this thread however is. Some people just want the impossible, and my thought usually is. If you can spend 600 dollars on setting up a new game console with Sony then you can sure as hell handle 400 - 450 dollars with Nintendo. More game consoles = more choice = less bias. 

Oh the thread, my bad

Yeah, Nintendo wont go third party anytime soon. Maybe if their next 3 consoles and handhelds fail...

No worries :) 

I know they wont go thrid party any time soon. It's mainly PS and Xbox fanboys that want that to happen. Gaming in general needs to change in the next 10 years or else we are just going to have a crash again and likely the only ones getting out of this one alive is Nintendo and MS. 

KLXVER said:
amak11 said:
KLXVER said:

Why wouldnt they though? MS and Sony paying them to do it. Sounds like free money.

Don't even bother with DerNebel, he always suggest this stuff in negative Nintendo threads. 

He doesnt sound that negative. Just sounds like he really wants Nintendo games on his console of coice to me.

I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind getting the next Zelda on my PS, don't think it'll happen though.

And to answer that other post: Morality? I'm not saying that it couldn't happen, but that it doesn't necessarily have to.

DerNebel said:

I'm not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind getting the next Zelda on my PS, don't think it'll happen though.

Play Darksiders or Dark Souls

amak11 said:
KLXVER said:

Why wouldnt they though? MS and Sony paying them to do it. Sounds like free money.

Don't even bother with DerNebel, he always suggest this stuff in negative Nintendo threads. 

I challenge you to find another thread where I suggested that Nintendo should go third party (or to be actually accurate: suggest that Nintendo shouldn't ignore the idea of going third party)

Passing someone off as biased is the easy way to go about those things, why don't you try the other route of explaining to me why what I said is wrong?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

^ pretty much the entire Zelda experience on those consoles and PC. 

KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

Eh dunno, it's not the same. I loved Zelda since I was kid, though since I never had a Nintendo console (upto the GC I always wanted one though), I stuck with the handheld games.

I just really really like how the new Zelda looks, definitely the most beautiful Wii U game imo.

If anything Nintendo should make their own smartphones and make the eShop on there. I'd love to see another handheld next gen but I think the market has already pretty much collapsed on everyone but Nintendo, but it's getting worse for them already. I'm sure if they made another handheld it could generate profit but probably not sell more than 50 million lifetime. I think staying with consoles (improving them though and coming up with ideas Sony/Microsoft aren't using) and having a branch of smartphones would really improve profits. Or they could do a 3 pillar system with consoles, handhelds, and smartphones. Either way I'm sure they'll make something work

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

I have a good tip for you DerNebel! If you really want to play Nintendo games, don't go around waiting for Nintendo to go third party! It's bound to happen someday but it's faaaaar from the near future! I recommend you spend some money on their consoles to play them!

But if you really don't want to spend a dime on those consoles you could just emulate them! Either way there are better ways to play them rather than wait for them to appear in your console of choice!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

cycycychris said:

Disclaimer: Take this report with a HUGE grain of salt. Although the original source is in Japanese and is reputable, the translation is unconfirmed and me not be completely accurate.

According to a new report released by the Japanese Business Journal, there is infighting currently raging amongst the Nintendo upper management.

“Among management, there’s a shared recognition that “Iwata is the culprit”. That is, in the company, there is a strong desire to make popular games such as “Super Mario” etc. for smartphones, but Iwata is vetoing this very strongly. Iwata, continually repeating that “Nintendo’s strength is in unified development of game hardware and software”, stubbornly rejects the “net”, and fixates over “game consoles”, possibly because of his pride as a former developer. With the death last fall of the long-reigning company founder Hiroshi Yamauchi, there is nobody left who can defy Iwata. There are frequent rumors that part of the management is scheming to get rid of Iwata.”

According to the report, a lot of the management that has been with Nintendo for a while also feels that Iwata is an “outsider” due to his origins at HAL Laboratory rather than actually at Nintendo. Due to this, many are calling for Yamauchi’s first son to be President of Nintendo rather than Iwata.

Once again, this translation is unconfirmed, but it may mean that although Iwata’s excellent approval rating of 80% has most of stock-holders satisfied, the upper management may not be so happy with the President.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/report-infighting-nintendo-management-leads-management-scheming-get-rid-iwata/

Very interesting.

If this report is true, I like Iwata even more.