By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

With this win Tom Brady IMO is THE GREATEST QB in NFL history and I'm not even a Patriots fan.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I think somebody is upset. Now where did I put that pacifier at?

'Tis as lost to the ether as Bill Bellicheat's morals or Pete Carrol's brains. If you find any of the above, please contact Mike McCarthy, as it is believed his balls are currently located in the same place as well.

noname2200 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I think somebody is upset. Now where did I put that pacifier at?

'Tis as lost to the ether as Bill Bellicheat's morals or Pete Carrol's brains. If you find any of the above, please contact Mike McCarthy, as it is believed his balls are currently located in the same place as well.

Lol they probably never had any of those thing in the first place

A_C_E said:
RolStoppable said:

Man, you New England fans are really sore winners. As if it matters that the 49ers' Super Bowl wins weren't clean either; after all, nobody likes San Francisco. That goes doubly so for homophobes.

Another team being scum doesn't justify your team being scum.

A sore winner is someone who defends a team against cheating claims when there is no evidence to support it? k...

lol at the generalization towards 'New England' fans being sore winners as if New England fans are of a different breed of human beings or assuming you even know more than 0.01% of New England fans based off of a Videogame website hahahhahaha. Everyone can be a sore winner or loser, its part of human nature not specific to any team. Get over yourself.

obviously it's more prevalent in Pat's fans.  These controversies don't just spring up out of nowhere and I snicker when they say it's just because they win.  1st of all you're not the first team to win 4 superbowls have some perspective lol.  Second of all how come other dominant teams like the Spurs, Steelers, Giants, and (baseball) Giants haven't had their legacies outright destroyed by cheating?  Look clearly Belicheck has the right connections by getting away with filming his way to three superbowls and yet only getting a $500,000 fine and a draft pick taken without any records being struck as it should have been but hey Gooddell is an A-hole so I'm not surprised to hear about them being best buds.  At least Goodell is taking care of the pot smokers while letting dog murderers and people murderers and cheaters prosper.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

obviously it's more prevalent in Pat's fans.  These controversies don't just spring up out of nowhere and I snicker when they say it's just because they win.  1st of all you're not the first team to win 4 superbowls have some perspective lol.  Second of all how come other dominant teams like the Spurs, Steelers, Giants, and (baseball) Giants haven't had their legacies outright destroyed by cheating?  Look clearly Belicheck has the right connections by getting away with filming his way to three superbowls and yet only getting a $500,000 fine and a draft pick taken without any records being struck as it should have been but hey Gooddell is an A-hole so I'm not surprised to hear about them being best buds.  At least Goodell is taking care of the pot smokers while letting dog murderers and people murderers and cheaters prosper.

omg, its not obviously more prevalent in Pat's fans where'd you get that info??? From the internet and the ten people you've talked to about New England, yeah...so obvious. lol

Oh please...don't act like you know my perspective based off of anything you've seen me type here in this thread, it makes no sense to do so. I know the Patriots aren't the first team to win 4 superbowls, never said they were...where did that come from? Your ignorance has already shown throughout this thread but please, continue to conspire and call out everyone else randomly for not having perspective.

At the end of the day the superbowl was awesome to watch and very controversial with exciting plays all around down to the last minute, wouldn't want it any other way. You can sit here and taint New Englands legacy all you want (it won't do anything), NE are the champs and won the superbowl fair and square.

Around the Network
A_C_E said:
platformmaster918 said:

omg, its not obviously more prevalent in Pat's fans where'd you get that info??? From the internet and the ten people you've talked to about New England, yeah...so obvious. lol

Oh please...don't act like you know my perspective based off of anything you've seen me type here in this thread, it makes no sense to do so. I know the Patriots aren't the first team to win 4 superbowls, never said they were...where did that come from? Your ignorance has already shown throughout this thread but please, continue to conspire and call out everyone else randomly for not having perspective.

At the end of the day the superbowl was awesome to watch and very controversial with exciting plays all around down to the last minute, wouldn't want it any other way. You can sit here and taint New Englands legacy all you want (it won't do anything), NE are the champs and won the superbowl fair and square.

I don't doubt they won that game fair and square.  Also I'm not the one tainting it the investigations, reports, and sentences both future and past have done that.  I am ignorant just because I don't dismiss all allegations as conspiracy?  Guess that's one way to go about things.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
A_C_E said:
platformmaster918 said:

I don't doubt they won that game fair and square.  Also I'm not the one tainting it the investigations, reports, and sentences both future and past have done that.  I am ignorant just because I don't dismiss all allegations as conspiracy?  Guess that's one way to go about things.

If New England was so tainted why is it that the New England Patriots were cheered upon just as much as Seattle was during the superbowl. At the end of the game the fans were booing the fact Seattle and New England players fighting each other, then the cheers hit again once time ran out and NE won the superbowl. I don't think 'tainted' is the word your looking for. I think the word your looking for is 'opinion'.

A_C_E said:
platformmaster918 said:
A_C_E said:
platformmaster918 said:

If New England was so tainted why is it that the New England Patriots were cheered upon just as much as Seattle was during the superbowl. At the end of the game the fans were booing the fact Seattle and New England players fighting each other, then the cheers hit again once time ran out and NE won the superbowl. I don't think 'tainted' is the word your looking for. I think the word your looking for is 'opinion'.

Belicheat received lots of boos actually

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I was pretty disappointed in the SB to be honest. I thought both teams played fairly poorly, the coaching failures on Seattle's side were absolutely mind boggling (and it goes far far beyond that last idiotic play).

For such a close game, it was pretty uninspired stuff. Whoever won would have simply been the 'less bad' team of the day overall, but the way it ended it just ended up being the 'less stupid' team of the day. I was hoping for an expertly executed game full of amazing plays and moves, but a lot of it looked so off-kilter it was at pre-season levels. Blown assignments, passes into the ground with little pressure, lazy routes, nonsensical clock management and on and on. Oh well, I sort of get the feeling that both teams will falter next year for different reasons.

RolStoppable said:
Wilson's streak of beating Super Bowl-winning QBs has come to an end at last. Now it's safe to predict that Wilson will never play in a Super Bowl again.

Very unlikely to happen but there is a chance it could.  Everybody thought that Drew Breeze would appear in numerous Super Bowls after the Saints won their first one but at this point the Saints even coming close to another Super Bowl with Breeze as quaterback is highly unlikely.  As a matter of fact unless they get at least one game at home with him in the playoffs Breeze winning another playoffs game is highly unlikely.  One thing that is pretty certain is that I doubt that the Seahawks will be in next years Super Bowl even though the Vegas odds makers give them a better chance to making it back to next years game then the Patriots.