By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
VanceIX said:

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while, and still can't believe I actually won, but hey, Pats FTW amirite?

Now that's a good one.  Great work whoever did that.

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
MTZehvor said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Glad the Cheaters get away with another thing on their list. NFL is disgusting right now and Goodell needs to fucking go!!!

Ah, yes. The only thing this Super Bowl celebration was missing was a butthurt Dolphins fan.

hey they could win 10 superbowls but it's impossible to ignore their clear disregarding of the rules.  They really are forever tainted.

LOL @ forever tainted. Their videotaping with spygate was only for one game after the rules had just been changed to outlaw the location of taping. The Super Bowls they won? Videotaping from the sidelines was perfectly legal then. Also, if you really think deflategate is anything (especially after all the new sources coming out and saying only one ball was significantly underinflated- the rest were pretty close to normal pressure, and the drop could easily be due to temperature change), I have nothing more to say.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

mornelithe said:
VanceIX said:

Hey guys, haven't been on in a while, and still can't believe I actually won, but hey, Pats FTW amirite?

Now that's a good one.  Great work whoever did that.

Yeah, found it on Reddit and thought it was great. This was the best version I could find.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

SkyHold said:
So now the cheating Pats have 4 asterisks. Don't ever compare Brady to Montana.Montana never cheated.If Manning had been a cheater he would probably have 5 super bowls right now.

yeah its not like the 49ers ever circumvent the cap or anything like that  or disabling the coaches sideline communication system but lets forget about that becuse it doesn't fit your narrative

MTZehvor said:
platformmaster918 said:
MTZehvor said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Glad the Cheaters get away with another thing on their list. NFL is disgusting right now and Goodell needs to fucking go!!!

Ah, yes. The only thing this Super Bowl celebration was missing was a butthurt Dolphins fan.

hey they could win 10 superbowls but it's impossible to ignore their clear disregarding of the rules.  They really are forever tainted.

And this is precisely why I didn't bother to answer you seriously at first.

I gave a clear explanation as to how not only does Spygate have no proveable link to any of the first 3 Super Bowls, and there's been nothing but conflicting (at best) evidence involving Deflategate, and all of that gets ignored and instead it's just "wah cheated wah"

Too much haterade being drunk.

I disagree with your "explanation."  There's been plenty of evidence that they were doing far more than you're letting on during the spygate years.  I would be a hater if I accused the Steelers or Giants of cheating to win their 2 recent superbowls because there's been no evidence of them doing any such thing.  It took them years after their cameras were taken before they were able to finally win another and it comes only after they've been caught in other breaking of rules?  Too much evidence that they can't win legitimately to give them full credit.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I would have ran Lynch until the time ran out.
Grats to the Patriots. As always by any means necessary.

platformmaster918 said:
MTZehvor said:
platformmaster918 said:
MTZehvor said:
DolPhanTendo said:

And this is precisely why I didn't bother to answer you seriously at first.

I gave a clear explanation as to how not only does Spygate have no proveable link to any of the first 3 Super Bowls, and there's been nothing but conflicting (at best) evidence involving Deflategate, and all of that gets ignored and instead it's just "wah cheated wah"

Too much haterade being drunk.

I disagree with your "explanation."  There's been plenty of evidence that they were doing far more than you're letting on during the spygate years.  I would be a hater if I accused the Steelers or Giants of cheating to win their 2 recent superbowls because there's been no evidence of them doing any such thing.  It took them years after their cameras were taken before they were able to finally win another and it comes only after they've been caught in other breaking of rules?  Too much evidence that they can't win legitimately to give them full credit.

Then by all means, present some of that evidence. If you can show me anything outside of that one Herald article that was retracted, I'll be more than willing to change my opinion appropriately.

As for the "they haven't won since Spygate" argument, I believe this to once again be a major case of assuming causation with mere correlation. The Pats' actual record is better post Spygate than pre Spygate; they've made it to just as many Super Bowls (and now won one), and more AFC Championship games. I'll grant that it's been quite some time since they took home the Lombardi, but I'd argue that has something to do with two of the more incredible catches in Super Bowl history taking place than some vast disadvantage the Patriots were at because they couldn't...cheat now or something (never mind that the actual act of taping from the location that they were was legal when they won 3 Super Bowls). Not to take anything away from the Giants; they played quite well in both Super Bowls and were worthy champions, but I think it's a little silly to directly contribute a lack of Super Bowl victories to being post Spygate considering how utterly crazy the endings to the two games were.

I do enjoy the title Rol . Take the win patriot fans, because evidently the Seahawks didn't feel like repeating so they gave you the win with that awful play call. The patriots were all but beat, but Seahawks had mercy on you...

mornelithe said:
Augen said:
Hello American Football fans.

I come in peace, so please do not be upset with me. I know next to nothing about this sport. What I know is my best friend is from Boston and his team won the championship.

I thought might buy him a gift to commemorate the occasion, what are people's thoughts on "Sublimated Plaques"? I saw one here...

http://www.nflshop.com/New_England_Patriots_Collectibles/Unsigned_New_England_Patriots_Tom_Brady_Super_Bowl_XLIX_Champions_Sublimated_10.5_x_13_Plaque

...and thought might be nice to hang in his office or at his house. If you were a fan of a team, would you like this? Thank you for advice on this.

That's pretty cool.  I'd keep it.  Personally, I'm looking at the Navy Blue Hoodie "Property of the Super Bowl XLIX Champions', but yeah that's pretty swet.

Thank you for your advice mornelithe.  Hope he likes it.  Those hoodies are fine, but I bought him a New England Patriots hoody for his birthday last year. Wanted something different.

Augen said:
mornelithe said:

That's pretty cool.  I'd keep it.  Personally, I'm looking at the Navy Blue Hoodie "Property of the Super Bowl XLIX Champions', but yeah that's pretty swet.

Thank you for your advice mornelithe.  Hope he likes it.  Those hoodies are fine, but I bought him a New England Patriots hoody for his birthday last year. Wanted something different.

Anytime :D  I'm sure he will.  This was a tremendous victory, on some many levels.  Any Pats fan would enjoy a bit of memorabilia marking the occassion.