By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109

First off, I would like to say that I am not a Patriots fan at all.

Second off, I just wanted to say that Tom Brady is not only the best QB of this era but one of the best of all time. I would rank Montana ahead of him, but to say things like Peyton Manning is better after the way he played against the Seahawks the year before is a bit asinine. Manning has put up some extraordinary numbers, but in the big game he stinks (except against my Bears).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Tom Brady is the best quarterback to ever recover from diarrhea in this universe. (Assuming all quarterbacks have dealt with diarrhea)

Tom Brady

NFL Records

• 29 career playoff starts for quarterback
  • 29 career playoff games for quarterback
  • 9 career NFL conference championship appearances for quarterback
  • 6 career NFL conference championship wins for quarterback
  • Most career Super Bowl touchdown passes
  • Most career Superbowl passing yards
  • Most first half pass completions in single Super Bowl
  • Most pass completions in single Super Bowl
  • 12 career division titles for quarterback
  • 21 career playoff wins for quarterback
  • Most career postseason passing yards
  • 53 career playoff passing touchdowns[1]

gergroy said:
I do enjoy the title Rol . Take the win patriot fans, because evidently the Seahawks didn't feel like repeating so they gave you the win with that awful play call. The patriots were all but beat, but Seahawks had mercy on you...

Hey man, I'll take it. If our teams meet again in a future Super Bowl, we'd be more than willing to accept mercy in that one too. =p

Still can't get over how stupid that play call was, Bevell just screwed himself of any HC opportunity.

Seattle had that time out left, so even if they stuffed Marshawn for a loss, you regroup on the sidelines, draw up two plays for Wilson to get it done on 3rd or 4th (if nec.) down. But no matter what, Seahawks were supposed to run on 2nd down! Why try to be slick in that situation? Its painful to see those cheaters win, headlines should be about "The Catch II", "Cheatriots lose" etc. smh

Around the Network
amp316 said:
First off, I would like to say that I am not a Patriots fan at all.

Second off, I just wanted to say that Tom Brady is not only the best QB of this era but one of the best of all time. I would rank Montana ahead of him, but to say things like Peyton Manning is better after the way he played against the Seahawks the year before is a bit asinine. Manning has put up some extraordinary numbers, but in the big game he stinks (except against my Bears).

Well, in mannings defense, he was up against a 100% healthy Seattle secondary and Brady played against a Seattle secondary that were all fighting injuries.  Almost every member of the legion of boom is looking at offseason surgery to right now...

RolStoppable said:

Man, you New England fans are really sore winners. As if it matters that the 49ers' Super Bowl wins weren't clean either; after all, nobody likes San Francisco. That goes doubly so for homophobes.

Another team being scum doesn't justify your team being scum.

A sore winner is someone who defends a team against cheating claims when there is no evidence to support it? k...

lol at the generalization towards 'New England' fans being sore winners as if New England fans are of a different breed of human beings or assuming you even know more than 0.01% of New England fans based off of a Videogame website hahahhahaha. Everyone can be a sore winner or loser, its part of human nature not specific to any team. Get over yourself.

A_C_E said:
RolStoppable said:

Man, you New England fans are really sore winners. As if it matters that the 49ers' Super Bowl wins weren't clean either; after all, nobody likes San Francisco. That goes doubly so for homophobes.

Another team being scum doesn't justify your team being scum.

A sore winner is someone who defends a team against cheating claims when there is no evidence to support it? k...

lol at the generalization towards 'New England' fans being sore winners as if New England fans are of a different breed of human beings or assuming you even know more than 0.01% of New England fans based off of a Videogame website hahahhahaha. Everyone can be a sore winner or loser, its part of human nature not specific to any team. Get over yourself.

Shhhhh, that's Rol. He's never serious. Ever.

MTZehvor said:
A_C_E said:

Shhhhh, that's Rol. He's never serious. Ever.

That's ok, it wasn't directed towards him individually anyways, its more to the people who like to find answers in generalizations in this thread.

I think somebody is upset. Now where did I put that pacifier at?