By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
KC-OAK  1 CLE-ATL  1 TEN-PHI  2 DET-NE  2
GB-MIN  1 JAC-IND  2 CIN-HOU  2 NYJ-BUF  2
TB-CHI  2 ARI-SEA  1 STL-SD  2 MIA-DEN  2
WAS-SF  2 DAL-NYG  1 BYE   BAL-NO 1 by 10

Around the Network
KC-OAK 1 CLE-ATL 1 TEN-PHI 2 DET-NE 2
GB-MIN 1 JAC-IND 2 CIN-HOU 2 NYJ-BUF 1
TB-CHI 2 ARI-SEA 1 STL-SD 1 MIA-DEN 2
WAS-SF 2 DAL-NYG 1 BYE   BAL-NO Bal by 3 

Oakland just fired Dennis Allen, so I'm expecting a burst from the Raiders, but their still the Raiders. I can't pick them to win until they actually win, even though they are at home. So I will take the Chiefs, who are playing well at the right time and still have a shot at the division crown. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the one game the Raiders get though.

burninmylight said:
Oakland just fired Dennis Allen, so I'm expecting a burst from the Raiders, but their still the Raiders. I can't pick them to win until they actually win, even though they are at home. So I will take the Chiefs, who are playing well at the right time and still have a shot at the division crown. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the one game the Raiders get though.

They fired him a month ago. So if they were due for  a burst, should have happened already.

Burek said:
burninmylight said:

They fired him a month ago. So if they were due for  a burst, should have happened already.

Really? A guy at the gym made it sound like it just happened. I normally check official sources before taking the word of someone I don't know, but he claimed to be a Raider fan.

Also, "they're" instead of "their" in my original post.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Oakland just fired Dennis Allen, so I'm expecting a burst from the Raiders, but their still the Raiders.

I agree. I think they'll play the Chargers surprisingly tight, but lose to them. They'll also show signs of life against the Cardinals, Browns, and Seahawks but ultimately fall short every time, then get demolished by Denver and go on to show that they are who we thought they were.

noname2200 said:
burninmylight said:
Oakland just fired Dennis Allen, so I'm expecting a burst from the Raiders, but their still the Raiders.

I agree. I think they'll play the Chargers surprisingly tight, but lose to them. They'll also show signs of life against the Cardinals, Browns, and Seahawks but ultimately fall short every time, then get demolished by Denver and go on to show that they are who we thought they were.

I hope they get at least one win. They finally drafted a legitimate NFL starting QB and they are no longer handing out bad contracts like ice cream cones like during the Al-zheimer years. They're still going to suck for a while, but at least that fanbase has hope now.

burninmylight said:
noname2200 said:
burninmylight said:

I hope they get at least one win. They finally drafted a legitimate NFL starting QB and they are no longer handing out bad contracts like ice cream cones like during the Al-zheimer years. They're still going to suck for a while, but at least that fanbase has hope now.

I dunno, I haven't found Reggie McKenzie's hiring decisions to be particularly inspiring. This goes from his selection of coaches, to his selection of quarterbacks (Matt Flynn and Matt Schaub both got paid well, at a time when no one else wanted them), to his choice in free agents. The first two years he had a financial mess on his hands, but that excuse has gone away. The results remain unimpressive, to say the least.

KC-OAK 1 CLE-ATL 1 TEN-PHI 2 DET-NE 2
GB-MIN 1 JAC-IND 2 CIN-HOU 2 NYJ-BUF 2
TB-CHI 2 ARI-SEA 1 STL-SD 2 MIA-DEN 2
WAS-SF 2 DAL-NYG 2 BYE   BAL-NO 1 by 7

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Patriots picked up recently released Blount, 2 year deal.