By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
noname2200 said:
burninmylight said:
noname2200 said:
burninmylight said:
Oakland just fired Dennis Allen, so I'm expecting a burst from the Raiders, but their still the Raiders.

I agree. I think they'll play the Chargers surprisingly tight, but lose to them. They'll also show signs of life against the Cardinals, Browns, and Seahawks but ultimately fall short every time, then get demolished by Denver and go on to show that they are who we thought they were.

I hope they get at least one win. They finally drafted a legitimate NFL starting QB and they are no longer handing out bad contracts like ice cream cones like during the Al-zheimer years. They're still going to suck for a while, but at least that fanbase has hope now.

I dunno, I haven't found Reggie McKenzie's hiring decisions to be particularly inspiring. This goes from his selection of coaches, to his selection of quarterbacks (Matt Flynn and Matt Schaub both got paid well, at a time when no one else wanted them), to his choice in free agents. The first two years he had a financial mess on his hands, but that excuse has gone away. The results remain unimpressive, to say the least.

Compared to a few years ago, Oakland is much more tame in free agency. I remember one offseason where the Raiders handed a humoungous contract to Tommy Kelly (a backup DT) and gave up a crapload of picks to trade for and sign Dante "Falls" Hall to another bloated contract, only to cut him eight games into the season.

Around the Network

I have this weird feeling Oakland will upset the Chiefs tonight. The other time I had a feeling there would be an upset was when I felt Dallas would beat the Seahawks in Seattle and it turned out I was right...

Hurry everyone change your picks to Oakland!!!

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

KC-OAK 1 CLE-ATL 2 TEN-PHI 2 DET-NE 2
GB-MIN 1 JAC-IND 2 CIN-HOU 2 NYJ-BUF 2
TB-CHI 2 ARI-SEA 2 STL-SD 1 MIA-DEN 2
WAS-SF 2 DAL-NYG 1 BYE   BAL-NO NO by 4

Pretty standard if you ask me. However could be just like last week where Denver loses.

Only game I dont like is the browns game. They lost to the jaguars, so they can lose to the falcons. They also beat the steelers and the bengals. Whatever, I will just randomly pick the falcons.

KC-OAK  1 CLE-ATL  1 TEN-PHI  2 DET-NE  2
GB-MIN  1 JAC-IND  2 CIN-HOU  2 NYJ-BUF  2
TB-CHI  2 ARI-SEA  2 STL-SD  1 MIA-DEN  2
WAS-SF  2 DAL-NYG  1 BYE   BAL-NO 2 by 6

RolStoppable said:
KC-OAK 1 CLE-ATL 1 TEN-PHI 2 DET-NE 2
GB-MIN 1 JAC-IND 2 CIN-HOU 2 NYJ-BUF 2
TB-CHI 2 ARI-SEA 2 STL-SD 2 MIA-DEN 2
WAS-SF 2 DAL-NYG 2 BYE   BAL-NO BAL by 10

G-men for spoilers

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
KC-OAK 1 CLE-ATL   TEN-PHI   DET-NE  
GB-MIN   JAC-IND   CIN-HOU   NYJ-BUF  
TB-CHI   ARI-SEA   STL-SD   MIA-DEN  
WAS-SF   DAL-NYG   BYE   BAL-NO by X

KC vs OAK. This should be easy to pick. lol

KC-OAK 1 CLE-ATL 1 TEN-PHI 2 DET-NE 2
GB-MIN 1 JAC-IND 2 CIN-HOU 1 NYJ-BUF 2
TB-CHI 1 ARI-SEA 1 STL-SD 2 MIA-DEN 2
WAS-SF 2 DAL-NYG 1 BYE   BAL-NO BAL by 6

Former something....

Kansas City making the Raiders look like a playoff team.

Didn't I tell you guys the Raiders will win XD! I should really be in Vegas right now betting on these upsets.

Ohhhhh Oakland don't fail me now