By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:
noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:

The reason I like the pats is because they were the team I used to use in NFL Blitz for N64. Didn't even realize they were good until I started watching games

During the N64 days, they were anything but good.

Should have clarified. I started watching games in '06. I bought NFL Blitz in 2003.

Gotcha. If I remember correctly, that's about the time they stopped being the Buffalo Bills, so you picked a good time to hop on. But soon Brady will retire, or become Brett Farve, and the natural order will be restored. Soon....

Well they won their first SB in 2001. I'd say they're the 90's Bills right now, with the way they've been losing SBs lately.

Around the Network
Zelhawks37 said:
VanceIX said:

The reason I like the pats is because they were the team I used to use in NFL Blitz for N64. Didn't even realize they were good until I started watching games

That's how I came to like the Seahawks. Bought Madden 05 and started using them the most, then that transitioned over to actual football. Began at the 03 season. :)

Remember those little machines from when you were a kid, where you'd put in a quarter, turn the dial and a cheap little toy or gumball would come out? There was a machine full of plastic helmets, so I one day decided whatever helmet I got out of the machine would become my team. And that's why I'm a Vikings fan. :)

burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:
VanceIX said:

That's how I came to like the Seahawks. Bought Madden 05 and started using them the most, then that transitioned over to actual football. Began at the 03 season. :)

Remember those little machines from when you were a kid, where you'd put in a quarter, turn the dial and a cheap little toy or gumball would come out? There was a machine full of plastic helmets, so I one day decided whatever helmet I got out of the machine would become my team. And that's why I'm a Vikings fan. :)

Fate can be such a cruel thing.

noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:

Well, then we got Gaarappolo to take over just like how Aaron Rodgers took over for Farve

Not projecting a Ryan Mallet future huh?

Hardly, lol

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

noname2200 said:
burninmylight said:

Fate can be such a cruel thing.

It's taught me how to deal with disappointment in life. I'm not joking either; being a Vikings fan has made me a better person.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Zelhawks37 said:

That 98 season....

Hey, more power to you for sticking with them. 08, '11 and 09 weren't fun for Seahawks fans.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Eli and Peyton have a new rap video. Not as good as last years ,"Football on your phone," but still funny.

Broncos star offensive line players are in the video looking tough by the hot dancers.

I pick the dallas cowboys for everything,that's my prediction. lol

noname2200 said:
chocoloco said:

How can the modern Packers-Bears rivalry be huge when it is so one sided in favor of the Packers? It is just like how the Broncos dominate the Raiders. It is like the Raiders were castrated when Al Davis died.RIP. Queffs will be able to talk too if they can beat the Broncos.

You don't drop over a century of rivalry just because of a decade of Chicago incompetence yeah amp I'm putting it at a decade. Come at me bro! :P

The Bears did make the Super Bowl in 2005 so it hasn't quite been a decade yet...  Would have won it too if they had an NFL QB at the time.

@choco You don't understand the borderline hatred that goes on in that rivalry even when it's one-sided.  In the 80s, when the Bears owned the Packers, it was still extremely heated.  Guys throwing Walter Payton over a bench.  All time villian Charles Martin destroying Jim McMahon's shoulder after a play was over.  Packers fans bragging when they finally won a game after Don Majkowski threw the game winning TD against us after being a full yard over the line of scrimmage (this was the early 90s).  Forrest Gregg being Forrest Gregg.  The Packers don't wear the color yellow for nothing.

Slightly off topic.  I see that Aaron Rodger and AJ Hawk took the time out of their schedule to wish Hulk Hogan a happy birthday.  How's that for priorities?     

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
noname2200 said:
chocoloco said:

How can the modern Packers-Bears rivalry be huge when it is so one sided in favor of the Packers? It is just like how the Broncos dominate the Raiders. It is like the Raiders were castrated when Al Davis died.RIP. Queffs will be able to talk too if they can beat the Broncos.

You don't drop over a century of rivalry just because of a decade of Chicago incompetence yeah amp I'm putting it at a decade. Come at me bro! :P

The Bears did make the Super Bowl in 2005 so it hasn't quite been a decade yet...  Would have won it too if they had an NFL QB at the time.

@choco You don't understand the borderline hatred that goes on in that rivalry even when it's one-sided.  In the 80s, when the Bears owned the Packers, it was still extremely heated.  Guys throwing Walter Payton over a bench.  All time villian Charles Martin destroying Jim McMahon's shoulder after a play was over.  Packers fans bragging when they finally won a game after Don Majkowski threw the game winning TD against us after being a full yard over the line of scrimmage (this was the early 90s).  Forrest Gregg being Forrest Gregg.  The Packers don't wear the color yellow for nothing.

Slightly off topic.  I see that Aaron Rodger and AJ Hawk took the time out of their schedule to wish Hulk Hogan a happy birthday.  How's that for priorities?     

It's no fun if you bring "facts" into a trollfest...

As for your question, I see nothing wrong. Some players have talent, and therefore don't need to constantly prac- oh wait Hawk was one of them never mind.