By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2014: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl XLIX

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Who cares? 41 36.61%

That AFC team. 29 25.89%

That NFC team. 5 4.46%

Hahaha, not the Packers! 25 22.32%

See Results. 9 8.04%

Total:109
kirby007 said:
Can I root for the yankees?

The NFL equivalent of the Yankees is probably the Cowboys and Patriots. And I laughed.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:
chocoloco said:
VanceIX said:

It's funny, because I'm a hardcore Pats fan living in Florida

Hard to choose a team from three great Florida teams, eh?

The reason I like the pats is because they were the team I used to use in NFL Blitz for N64. Didn't even realize they were good until I started watching games

During the N64 days, they were anything but good.

Now seriously, anyone else rooting for the colts?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

burninmylight said:

"Thirdly, I hope to welcome back the defending champions of last year's season. These are burninmylight for the regular season"

Sign me up anyways. Glad you decided to do it again.

LMAO! :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

kirby007 said:
Now seriously, anyone else rooting for the colts?

I have a standing policy against rooting for Stanford quarterbacks. Also, Andrew Luck looks like the malformed love child of Nosferatu and the Sasquatch.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:

The reason I like the pats is because they were the team I used to use in NFL Blitz for N64. Didn't even realize they were good until I started watching games

Should have clarified. I started watching games in '06. I bought NFL Blitz in 2003.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

That's how I came to like the Seahawks. Bought Madden 05 and started using them the most, then that transitioned over to actual football. Began at the 03 season. :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

VanceIX said:
noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:

Should have clarified. I started watching games in '06. I bought NFL Blitz in 2003.

Gotcha. If I remember correctly, that's about the time they stopped being the Buffalo Bills, so you picked a good time to hop on. But soon Brady will retire, or become Brett Farve, and the natural order will be restored. Soon....

noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:

Gotcha. If I remember correctly, that's about the time they stopped being the Buffalo Bills, so you picked a good time to hop on. But soon Brady will retire, or become Brett Farve, and the natural order will be restored. Soon....

Well, then we got Gaarappolo to take over just like how Aaron Rodgers took over for Farve

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
noname2200 said:
VanceIX said:

Well, then we got Gaarappolo to take over just like how Aaron Rodgers took over for Farve

Not projecting a Ryan Mallet future huh?