By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Super Official Anime Discussion Thread

Zombie Land Saga ep. 1 --

Well, that was awesome. The first two minutes was one of the best openings in anime history.

Around the Network

I actually haven't finished the first ep of Zombieland because I was too tired but what I've seen from the first half was amazing. the animation direction and the sound are really really good.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Fall season begins!

So far I've just started Jojo: Golden Wind and Hinomaru Zumou.

The new Jojo MC seems interesting so far. I was already aware of his parentage, and was curious if he would be like more like Jonathan or DIO. He seems pretty different from both so far, having a noble thief for an MC should make for an interesting story. Powers are still crazy and over-the-top, both Giorno and that guy with Kyousuke's voice.

Also he's only 15? Well I guess that shouldn't surprise after Jotaro in Part 3.

I mentioned Hinomaru Zumou in here a few months ago after catching up on the manga. The manga is pretty fun, it follows the usual shounen sports cliches, but it's pretty informative too. It's interesting to see how average Japanese high schoolers feel about sumo wrestling, which is basically treated as something old-fashioned and uncool. I guess in the west that'd be the equivalent to...hm..well maybe just wrestling I guess. The sport is more than just fat boys pushing each other, even if the manga exaggerates fights a lot with power-ups and technique names and stuff.

On the anime though, the first episode changes the order of things, but overall it was pretty good I thought. Maybe I just had low expectations since the studio isn't well known, and it doesn't seem to feature any big voice actors. Also curious how long this will go, the OP and ED are teasing characters that don't show up until ~chapter 100 or so, and the first episode adapts...the first chapter. Wonder if we're just gonna go light-speed through all the early tournaments...uh I hope this doesn't suck.

Also, probably not a huge deal since shipping doesn't matter in this story till much later...but it seems like the anime is making glasses girl a bigger deal than she really is. She's not a bad character or anything, but I really hope she doesn't take time away from Reina, the blondie from the OP. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

Fall season begins!

The new Jojo MC seems interesting so far. I was already aware of his parentage, and was curious if he would be like more like Jonathan or DIO. He seems pretty different from both so far, having a noble thief for an MC should make for an interesting story. Powers are still crazy and over-the-top, both Giorno and that guy with Kyousuke's voice.

Golden Wind is widely regarded as the best JoJo story there is. Having read the manga myself, I'm inclined to agree and I really liked that first episode, it sets the proper tone and atmosphere I was expecting from this.

Mordred11 said:
Super_Boom said:

Fall season begins!

Golden Wind is widely regarded as the best JoJo story there is. Having read the manga myself, I'm inclined to agree and I really liked that first episode, it sets the proper tone and atmosphere I was expecting from this.

I'd say most regard Part 7 as the best story and I gotta agree with that notion personally. Don't get me wrong, part 5 is great too, just like all the other parts, but it's more just popular in japan than regarded as the best in general.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:

Oh wow, good to hear. I'm pretty excited for this arc, I only know about it from that PS4 game where Jotaro has to save all the Jojos. For some reason I assumed Giorno was a gentleman like Jonathan, so that first episode caught me off guard. Also like past Jojos, I like how elements from previous arcs are returning, makes the story feel more connected even if they star new MCs.

---------------------

I tried a few more seasonal anime this morning. 

Boarding School Juliet: Someone once described this manga to me as a Reverse Nisekoi, which was a weird thing to claim since Nisekoi itself was a reverse Romeo and Juliet story. I guess that means this show is...hm...gonna need to do some math quick to figure this one out.

Anyways, I can already tell this will probably be one of my favorites this season. I love the fighting MCs, and they seem to have great chemistry so far. I was grinning like a madman during the whole fight at the end, it was so adorable.

Only reservation I have is that the promos make this anime look like a harem. I can tolerate that in general...but honestly, throwing more girls at the MC when he's already in an established relationship has always felt obnoxious more than funny. Part of why I could never get into the later Sword Art Online arcs. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Goblin Slayer: Well that sure escalated quickly.

That was really brutal and sad...but also kind of interesting too. Seems like a more dark and unique take on the RPG-type fantasy world setting. Not much else to say yet, I'll keep up with it for now. If it gets too much I'll turn tail and run away without shame.

Zombieland Saga: Holy crap that was amazing. I can't remember the last time I've seen an anime as a unique as this one. It had me laughing multiple times throughout, and I already want to watch more. 

Also I guess Angels of Death is back already. That twist was...wow. Not sure what to make of it yet. That cliffhanger was kinda dumb though...with three episodes left I really doubt the other main character is gonna die already

----------------------

Finally, good news! Yuru Camp is coming back!

*shameless steals from Mike*

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1048599746372202497?s=19

Looking forward to this for sure.

Well, Radiant was kind of interesting, huh? Luffy wants to hurry up and get his Grimoire so the can join Fairy Tale but then a Hollow shows up and Luffy is thankfully saved by All Might.  Right up Super Boom's alley.  

The smorgasbord of cliches aside, it did make me laugh a few times and the main character seems likeable enough. He's better than Natsu or the guy from Black Clover, anyway. Main girl looks kind of cute and the Seven Warlords, Shinigami, and Dark Guilds in the OP have my attention. Only thing that really bugged me was how stupid everyone was.

Release tha Spyce or whatever. Uh ... the licking was good.

Last edited by pokoko - on 07 October 2018

https://myanimelist.net/anime/38481/Toaru_Kagaku_no_Railgun_3

PRAISE LORD JESUS! 2019 IS SAVED!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Fall time.

Breakdown Breakdown baruamparabarumparara. Jojo Part 5, my calm before the Stone Storm. A really great start for another solid part, ost and style on point as usual with the care, love and respect from David Productions.

Release the Spyce, anything less gay than this would have been a disrespect to Namori's character design. Delivered on my expectations for a cute, action packed gay ride so far.

Bloom into You, another great looking yuri adaptation, takes the mango's style pretty well into animation, really nice production values, mostly interested with the pacing of this one, since the manga can be very slow at times.

All I have left to watch is Uzumaid and ms. vampire, from both I expect a comfy comedy ride. 

pokoko said:

Well, Radiant was kind of interesting, huh? Luffy wants to hurry up and get his Grimoire so the can join Fairy Tale but then a Hollow shows up and Luffy is thankfully saved by All Might.  Right up Super Boom's alley.  

The smorgasbord of cliches aside, it did make me laugh a few times and the main character seems likeable enough. He's better than Natsu or the guy from Black Clover, anyway. Main girl looks kind of cute and the Seven Warlords, Shinigami, and Dark Guilds in the OP have my attention. Only thing that really bugged me was how stupid everyone was.

This sounds like the best type of anime.

Unfortunately I've reached my shounen saturation limit. Yeah apparently I have one. I might give it a look-see down the line.

On that note, decided against watching this Fairy Tail season, partly cuz of my joke reason above, partly cuz I've never actually watched most of the anime, despite enjoying the manga for the most part. Might binge the anime at some point, but with the manga getting a sequel, three spin-offs, and the author writing a new manga with characters that look identical to the FT cast...I feel like I'll probably manage just fine.

Anyways, I tried out the new SAO, despite me being kinda down on that IP. Seems like this arc in the LN gets a lot of praise...though I still find the MC bland as hell. That new blonde girl in the ED though..woo. I'll watch it for a while and see if I get bored. 

I think that mostly fills in my season...we'll see what airs this week and I'll know for sure.