By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Q1 Earnings April-June

DerNebel said:
3DS in the first half of 2013: 2.64m

3DS in the first half of 2014: 1.40m

And some people still expect it to do over 100m...

Then that would mean it sold about 12 million in the second half. Not too bad.

Around the Network
iceboy151 said:
tbone51 said:

Polygon, needs to burn! 2.82mil (1month) vs there 1 year prediction of i believe was 1.30mil. After they look dumb, i remember them posting MK8 will still be the worse selling MK8 >_>

I mean... it still may be the worst selling Mario Kart. You never know.

The worst selling MK game, Super Circuit, sold ~ 5.5 million.... There is NO WAY IN HELL Mario Kart 8 won't be able to surprass that number by a lot!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

DELETE

Welfare said:
Wii U = 6.68 million

3DS = 44.14 million

Good sales for Wiiu! I was expecting more though!!!

Also guys those are SALES, not shipments!!!

NickK said:

Proof?

Around the Network
NickK said:
Welfare said:
Wii U = 6.68 million

3DS = 44.14 million

All numbers on Nintendo's sales data is shipments, not sold to consumers.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

NickK said:
Welfare said:
Wii U = 6.68 million

3DS = 44.14 million

When has that ever been the case in Nintendo Earnings Reports?

Soundwave said:
How are they still losing money if the 3DS is profitable? Wii U I guess, but they're not even selling very many of those.

Umm, because operating expenses are higher than the gross profits on the consoles.

"Net sales as a result were 74.6 billion yen (of which overseas sales were 58.0 billion yen or 77.7% of the total sales), and gross profit was 32.5 billion yen.  The operating loss was 9.4 billion yen because total selling, general and administrative expenses including fixed expenses exceeded gross profit."

I'm not surprised.  I think you'll find some analysis I posted a few months ago, discussing why I think it's likely Nintendo will lose more this year than the last.

Although Nintendo projected a profitable fiscal year, their own unit sales projections tell a different story.  Flat 3DS units, small increase in Wii U units, offset by big drops in DS & Wii software units.  A profit would be a surprise unless they cut expenses.

You can well see that their overall sales are down 8.4% YoY expenses are up 1.6% YoY.

My 8th gen collection

KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, the 3DS has always done well in the holidays and with Smash, Pokemon  and MH4G (I think is what it's called) it should have a good holiday season this year as well, but it won't reach last years heights.

DerNebel said:
KLXVER said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, the 3DS has always done well in the holidays and with Smash, Pokemon  and MH4G (I think is what it's called) it should have a good holiday season this year as well, but it won't reach last years heights.

Maybe, but 100 million is not impossible though. Just like Sonys consoles, Nintendos handhelds seem to have long legs.