By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA Announces Subscription Service On Xbox One: EA Access

They know MS gamers will pay. As good as it sounds it reeks of exploitation and I don't like what is to come. MS opened the flood gates for Activision and EA.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
They know MS gamers will pay. As good as it sounds it reeks of exploitation and I don't like what is to come. MS opened the flood gates for Activision and EA.

I hope you realize that PlayStation gamers would just as easily pay. $30 a year for potentially dozens of games is an amazing deal, period.

It's like saying Amazon Prime or Netflix reek of exploitation, even though they are amazing deals.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

prayformojo said:

Netflix doesn't bother me because most of the movies on there are movies I wouldn't buy. As far as everything else? It's a scam. Do you honestly think these companies haven't hired mathematicians to figure all this out ahead of time? The majorty of people don't spend $120.00 a year on music. Yet, they think it's totally acceptable to subscribe to Spotify because...omg, only $9.99 a month? 

I am not ignorant enough to fall for something like that. If I were ever to do something like this, I'd crunch the numbers first and figure out if it's cheaper in the long run. And even if it was, I would still take pause because I actually, you know, want to be able to see, hold and OWN things I pay for. With music and movies, it's about quality (Blu-Ray looks and sounds better, CD's are well over 1,000 KB which murders legal downloads and streaming services), stability (streaming doesn't always work when you need it to), they are collectable and last but certainly not least, they're resaleable should you need to do so.

If you want to over pay for virtual goods which are inferior, never truely yours and have the shelf life of an open container of milk, then so be it. But not everyone shares that desire. When the servers go down, I'll have my game. You won't have yours. 

Buy cheap, buy twice?

Yeah you want to own thing and all that jazz, you worried about paying to much and all that stuff also. I'll gladly pay my 50 bucks for PS+ and XBL. To each their own I suppose. 30 bucks for Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, Madden 25, and Peggle 2 is a good deal in my book. Not even including future games they'll add in that.

VanceIX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I hope you realize that PlayStation gamers would just as easily pay. $30 a year for potentially dozens of games is an amazing deal, period.

It's like saying Amazon Prime or Netflix reek of exploitation, even though they are amazing deals.

Thats up to them. Doesn't make it any less exploitation. I'm not here to argue about it, but I saw the writing on the wall long ago with EA. it better not go beyond this.

SOunds too good to be true realy.

Around the Network
HEMSTAR said:
kowenicki said:
Some truly tragic and embarrassing posts in here.

Stop kidding yourselves. This is a a very big deal.

Not only for the Xbox One now (other platforms will obviously follow) but for the gaming industry in general.

This is the start of a new chapter in gaming.

So whats PS+ then?

I don't think anyone was trying to discount what PS+ is or offers. Funny thing is this EA service is similar to PS+ and yet you have so many people trying to downplay it or say it's exploiting gamers. How is 30 bucks a year for pretty new games trying to exploit someone?

How do you guys think this will impact retail EA titles sales on the x1 if people began to prefer to wait 6-9 months and get the title via subscription?  Hell.. If I knew I'd eventually get the game by being patient then why would I need to buy it on release?

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

S.T.A.G.E. said:
VanceIX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Thats up to them. Doesn't make it any less exploitation. I'm not here to argue about it, but I saw the writing on the wall long ago with EA. it better not go beyond this.

How is it exploitation though? It's no less exploitation than PS+ or Xbox Live. I'm not understanding why you think this is a bad thing. Is it simply because it's EA?

This is a serivce that, for $30 a year, you get unlimited access to a bunch of EA titles, and not only that, you also get exclusive eary-access to certain games and you get 10% off EA game purchases. Best of all, it's completely optional. If you wish to own a physical copy, you still can. All of that for $30 a year, or less than $3 a month.

This seems like a brilliant corporate move, and I applaud EA for it.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

If they start to add games I care about this would be an awesome deal.

VanceIX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
VanceIX said:

How is it exploitation though? It's no less exploitation than PS+ or Xbox Live. I'm not understanding why you think this is a bad thing. Is it simply because it's EA?

This is a serivce that, for $30 a year, you get unlimited access to a bunch of EA titles, and not only that, you also get exclusive eary-access to certain games and you get 10% off EA game purchases. Best of all, it's completely optional. If you wish to own a physical copy, you still can. All of that for $30 a year, or less than $3 a month.

This seems like a brilliant corporate move, and I applaud EA for it.

No,  its because MS is behind it.