By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA Announces Subscription Service On Xbox One: EA Access

Madword said:
More information is slowly coming out about this, doesn't sound as good as people initially thought.

Apparently the play early is just two hours only... i.e it's like a demo. The question will be what free games you get to play i guess.

The play early is 5 days.

I got an invite to test it this morning, looks OK but as I don't play sports games, ever, it's probably not for me at the moment. When they add a few more games I may bite, but not for now.

Around the Network

I wonder how long this was planned, along with MS' drm-digital plans for this gen.
Quite impressive to see the biggest 3rd party partnering with MS, although people on forums usually hating on EA.

Burek said:
Fifaguy360 said:
This sounds nice. I play a lot of FIFA/NHL. Sadly, I will be getting a PS4 instead of X1.

All I can hope for is that the deal is timed exclusive. And hope that EA makes good money of it so they decide to bring it over to PS4.

I'd subscribe instantly. Same thing goes for Ubisoft, as they and Activision are the only ones that could pull this off as well. I am not a fan of Activision games though, so I wouldn't spend my money on them.

Unlikely for this to be timed at all. Seems like a very serious, very permanent deal going on here.

VanceIX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
VanceIX said:

Thats up to them. Doesn't make it any less exploitation. I'm not here to argue about it, but I saw the writing on the wall long ago with EA. it better not go beyond this.

How is it exploitation though? It's no less exploitation than PS+ or Xbox Live. I'm not understanding why you think this is a bad thing. Is it simply because it's EA?

This is a serivce that, for $30 a year, you get unlimited access to a bunch of EA titles, and not only that, you also get exclusive eary-access to certain games and you get 10% off EA game purchases. Best of all, it's completely optional. If you wish to own a physical copy, you still can. All of that for $30 a year, or less than $3 a month.

This seems like a brilliant corporate move, and I applaud EA for it.

I just wrote three paragraphs on exploitation and not trusting EA, Activison or Microsoft and deleting it because you know what? Yeah...I wont argue about it. I mean its not like anything has transpired in the past with EA or MS or anything. Enjoy what EA has to offer. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
VanceIX said:

How is it exploitation though? It's no less exploitation than PS+ or Xbox Live. I'm not understanding why you think this is a bad thing. Is it simply because it's EA?

This is a serivce that, for $30 a year, you get unlimited access to a bunch of EA titles, and not only that, you also get exclusive eary-access to certain games and you get 10% off EA game purchases. Best of all, it's completely optional. If you wish to own a physical copy, you still can. All of that for $30 a year, or less than $3 a month.

I just wrote three paragraphs on exploitation and not trusting EA, Activison or Microsoft and deleting it because you know what? Yeah...I wont argue about it. I mean its not like anything has transpired in the past with EA or MS or anything. Enjoy what EA has to offer.

Think about this. When there is blood in the water the sharks will come. This is what I mean by opening pandora's box.

I wonder what your wording would have been if this was announced as exclusive to Playstation.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
VanceIX said:

Think about this. When there is blood in the water the sharks will come. This is what I mean by opening pandora's box.

I wonder what your wording would have been if this was announced as exclusive to Playstation.

It would most likely be "Looks like EA was really disappointed with Titanfall numbers and decided to move to the winning console. PS4 ftw!"

jlmurph2 said:

It would most likely be "Looks like EA was really disappointed with Titanfall numbers and decided to move to the winning console. PS4 ftw!"

Actually, my mailman whose plumber went to elementary school with a girl whose daughter is dating the gardener of EA CFO's dentist has told me that EA's original plan was to bring the service to both consoles, but after the Regional Manager's Personal assistant told him that Sony fans are making fun of EA and Titanfall on the internet, they got mad and decided to go XBox only. They've even agreed to pay Microsoft 75% of all profits just for that privilege.

True story.

Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

Actually, my mailman whose plumber went to elementary school with a girl whose daughter is dating the gardener of EA CFO's dentist has told me that EA's original plan was to bring the service to both consoles, but after the Regional Manager's Personal assistant told him that Sony fans are making fun of EA and Titanfall on the internet, they got mad and decided to go XBox only. They've even agreed to pay Microsoft 75% of all profits just for that privilege.

True story.

Seems legit

Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

True story.

What? I heard MS paid EA a billion dollars for this exclusive deal, rumors go even higher. The industrie's worst companies paired together to build an evil empire to put gaming business to its final end.

So I heard it on a post on reddit which relied on a text on pastebin which originally came from either thuway or Tidux, the traces are gone now, sadly.

walsufnir said:
Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

True story.

What? I heard MS paid EA a billion dollars for this exclusive deal, rumors go even higher. The industrie's worst companies paired together to build an evil empire to put gaming business to its final end.

So I heard it on a post on reddit which relied on a text on pastebin which originally came from either thuway or Tidux, the traces are gone now, sadly.

I heard they both were teaming up with Gamestop, King (Candy Crush), Comcast and Seaworld to make their own Sinister 6.