By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA Announces Subscription Service On Xbox One: EA Access

I'm sorry but you really suck at math... The question is not do you spend more than 120 bucks on music and honestly people that actually listen legally to music without streaming spend way more than that a year.... But how much did you listen with the sub and as far I know most people that actually pay and actually use XB music or any other service alike destroy ten folds the 120 bucks worth barrier....

now for quality I know tons of online DL legal sites that provide equal if not far superior music quality than retail discs....
and to be frank unless you have real Hi-Fi equipment most streaming services have decent enough quality... If you have a true sound system 120bucks a year doesn't even cover the price of one of the woofers on a single entry level speaker

and resell value??? Shit I don't remember a single time I sold a CD and don't know anyone around me that did beside at yard sale to move out clutter....

same goes for movies... And for Netflix if you don't find over a year enough good material to justify the ridiculously low cost you just don't like TV shows and Movies... Sure the last big Hollywood blockbuster is not on it... But most of the biggest cult movies of all time are there at some point...

now with games... That's where it is actually the most questionable whereas for music and movie it's a now brainer... For any music and movie lover it's a no brainer bargain and you can still buy the vinyl BR and CD you really dig and will rewatch (which is rare and usually imply you won't resell anyway)

with games, well I don't know you but I have way more than 30 bucks worth of EA games and even if iwas to resell them after I finish them within weeks I wouldn't come close to make up my cost... You can flip it how ever you want... And try to put a spin on ownership (read the legal text on your disc, you don't technically own shit either)... This by far destroyed everything unless you really are a materialistic person....

no they don't make money on your individual ass... They make it on the scale at which they sell the sub... Cause trust me even if sports game get resell a lot they are still one if not the biggest franchise at retail selling more than most other ones...

all in all they make money by saving on production/distribution cost and the amount of people but they do lose money in the big consumers if taken individually.... Same goes for Netflix or music services...

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
So much for Sony and EA Access:

“We evaluated the EA Access subscription offering and decided that it does not bring the kind of value PlayStation customers have come to expect,” a Sony representative told us via email. “PlayStation Plus memberships are up more than 200% since the launch of PlayStation 4, which shows that gamers are looking for memberships that offer a multitude of services, across various devices, for one low price. We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer"

Thanks Sony for deciding for your customers what is of value and what isn't.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/07/30/sony-ea-access-doesn_2700_t-represent-good-value-to-the-playstation-gamer.aspx

Gotta love Sony sometimes, eh?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well if anyone has access to the Xbox One update preview program and could send me an invite that would be great. Would love to test that stuff out along with the EA beta.

Just an update, the Vault now contains UFC, NBA Live 14, Need for Speed Rivals, and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. Thense are along with the original games announced Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, Madden 25, and Peggle 2.

NobleTeam360 said:

Just an update, the Vault now contains UFC, NBA Live 14, Need for Speed Rivals, and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare. Thense are along with the original games announced Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, Madden 25, and Peggle 2.

Wow, what? This is huge! Any links confirming this?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
NobleTeam360 said:

No, I'm just looking at the EA Access on my Xbox One right now and all those games are in the Vault. I'll try to find a link though.

NobleTeam360 said:
walsufnir said:

No, I'm just looking at the EA Access on my Xbox One right now and all those games are in the Vault. I'll try to find a link though.

Wow, maybe EA is trying to make me look bad games aren't in the Vault anymore...... maybe it was a glich.

NobleTeam360 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
walsufnir said:

Wow, maybe EA is trying to make me look bad games aren't in the Vault anymore...... maybe it was a glich.

Or EA being EA...

This service seems too good to be true.  And it's from EA of all companies.  I got my eyes on you EA.  Both of em.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

So I installed it yesterday (preview program) and I believe this is really awesome.
29.99$ per year (I payed), I had access immediately to BattleField 4 + FIFA 14 and now I have 10% off future DLC/games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect 4. As they are going to add more games to the vault, I do not see how this can be a bad thing.

This sounds like a ploy to co opt used game sales to me. They just want that piece of the pie from Gamestop too.