By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - EA Announces Subscription Service On Xbox One: EA Access

jlmurph2 said:

No,  its because MS is behind it. 

yup no sence in even dicusing it with him

Quote Tree Shortened and User Moderated - Conegamer

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Around the Network
BillyBong said:

How do you guys think this will impact retail EA titles sales on the x1 if people began to prefer to wait 6-9 months and get the title via subscription?  Hell.. If I knew I'd eventually get the game by being patient then why would I need to buy it on release?

I dont think it will have much of an impact on most of EA's titles. Sports games in paicular like NHL & Madden sell most of there copys in season. The appeal of the game is mostly gone 6-9 months after release (Fifa is an exception, that game sells well all year round). Anyways EA's main goal with this sevice is to get people to buy more of there digitial games the free games are a plus. If this service takes off EA will be making a lot of money through the digitial sales.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

NobleTeam360 said:
HEMSTAR said:
kowenicki said:
Some truly tragic and embarrassing posts in here.

Stop kidding yourselves. This is a a very big deal.

Not only for the Xbox One now (other platforms will obviously follow) but for the gaming industry in general.

This is the start of a new chapter in gaming.

So whats PS+ then?

I don't think anyone was trying to discount what PS+ is or offers. Funny thing is this EA service is similar to PS+ and yet you have so many people trying to downplay it or say it's exploiting gamers. How is 30 bucks a year for pretty new games trying to exploit someone?

Well i remember people hating on PS Plus because you dont actually own your games, but know those same people are praising EA for the exact same thing and some people even going further saying its a new chapter in gaming when another company has been doing it for 2 years prior to this announcement and offers more as well.

Im not hating on the EA Access pass, I think its great just like PS Plus, im just pointing out the double standards that people have when it comes to their gaming preferences.

So you can play any game in the "Vault" for $30.00 per year? Sounds like a good deal. I'm guessing it's only going to be older games though or else they are going to be losing money from sales.

This sounds nice. I play a lot of FIFA/NHL. Sadly, I will be getting a PS4 instead of X1.

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:
This sounds nice. I play a lot of FIFA/NHL. Sadly, I will be getting a PS4 instead of X1.

All I can hope for is that the deal is timed exclusive. And hope that EA makes good money of it so they decide to bring it over to PS4.

I'd subscribe instantly. Same thing goes for Ubisoft, as they and Activision are the only ones that could pull this off as well. I am not a fan of Activision games though, so I wouldn't spend my money on them.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
They know MS gamers will pay. As good as it sounds it reeks of exploitation and I don't like what is to come. MS opened the flood gates for Activision and EA.

So you imply Sony gamers wouldn't be "trapped"into this deal? Really? It's always "them" and "us" for you, isn't it? And by this totally ignoring people who own both systems. Classic.

VanceIX said:
prayformojo said:
kowenicki said:
Some truly tragic and embarrassing posts in here.

Stop kidding yourselves. This is a a very big deal.

Not only for the Xbox One now (other platforms will obviously follow) but for the gaming industry in general.

This is the start of a new chapter in gaming.

Down with owning games, up with corporate enslavery?

You can still own games, so I don't see your point. This is OPTIONAL. Let people who want to save money get it. You can save hundreds of dollars through this service, and yet it's "corporate slavery"? It's anything but.

I don't see how it's saving money when no one will own these games. One method means, you know, actually having a product. The other means, paying for virtual goods. Totally different.

Burek said:
Fifaguy360 said:

All I can hope for is that the deal is timed exclusive. And hope that EA makes good money of it so they decide to bring it over to PS4.

I'd subscribe instantly. Same thing goes for Ubisoft, as they and Activision are the only ones that could pull this off as well. I am not a fan of Activision games though, so I wouldn't spend my money on them.

A certain post from MS says this: "We're writing to let you know about EA Access, announced today by EA. EA Access is a subscription product created by the teams at Microsoft and EA, and it's exclusive to Xbox One!"

So idk if it is timed.

jlmurph2 said:
Burek said:
Fifaguy360 said:

A certain post from MS says this: "We're writing to let you know about EA Access, announced today by EA. EA Access is a subscription product created by the teams at Microsoft and EA, and it's exclusive to Xbox One!"

So idk if it is timed.

All I can do is hope :) For maybe a 12 month exclusivity or something.