By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Gamescom 2014 official thread. PS4 10 million SOLD. Until Dawn. TearAway PS4. shit loads of games. Hellblade. so much more!

nothing really exciting

Around the Network
Slade6alpha said:

Worst: Too much indie focus

Hey, at least some of them are actual exclusives :)

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with Until Dawn? Is it just a classic game with normal controls now?

Overall, I personally found the conference ok, bit surprised that they put things like The Order, Bloodborne and LBP at the beginning and just played them off as if they weren't all that important. But I really liked the trailers for the Order and Bloodborne and love the confirmation that it's supposed to release in the next 6 months.

Wild looked pretty interesting as well, Rime looks still great imo and the 10 million announcement blew me away actually.

Overall I was satisfied, it was pretty much what I expected. One thing confused me though, wasn't MM supposed to be working on a new IP?

BenVTrigger said:
Seriously what the hell is going on in Sony's major 1st party studios. The lack of AAA coming out of them at the moment is somewhat crazy.

10m in sales.

No need for rush jobs like PS3 got early on, simply they dont have to show shit they are murdering the comp.

Especially no need to show things for years.

My only knock against this conference is that I don't remember a single vita game being touched on. Other than that, it was really good conference.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
That was an ok show

Good
WIld
Bunch of really cool looking reveals

Bad
Absolutely ignored the vita. Embarrassing for the company really
Sony first party studios are either in some deep shit or this is some really poor management by Shuhei/PR team

You are more forgiving than I. A lot of focus was given on indy titles that I either will ignore or get on PSN Plus or PC. To me it was a lackluster show. Also I do hate how the Vita is going, because that means Nintendo tries less. PSP vs DS was good for the industry. 

jlmurph2 said:
That was boring IMO. None of the games expected to be there were there. Neither were the 1st party devs.

Until Dawn was there, the Bloodborn gameplay trailer was shown, MMs game was shown.

which games did you expect to be there?

Ka-pi96 said:

Yes. In MGS 2 you can get Snake to masturbate in a locker and in MGS 4 there is a trophy for breaking a statues penis off. MGS has always been wacky

Damn. There were no trophies yet, when I played MGS4! Penis trophies are a good reason to play it again. ;)

Running around naked as Raiden was always fun:

Stream is showing Bloodborne gameplay.

4 ≈ One

Yeah, they're actually streaming Bloodbourne on Twitch right now:

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Live gameplay